Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Schmoozy bar - a new Priority pass "lounge" in TLV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Have just noticed that there is a new "lounge" in TLV, actually it is a restaurant/wine bar and PP card holders can get 100/200NIS off the bill.
Sadly, it seems impossible to find an online menu anywhere, or even to try and understand what kind of cuisine they offer.

Anyone already visited the place? Also when was it opened? I can't remember ever seeing it, but their FB page seems to be running since 2012, and then PP website claims they are on concourse E.

Will be nice to get breakfast there before my TLV-AMS flight next week, if they even serve anything that resembles breakfast
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:37 pm

"new" is relative
FB: https://www.facebook.com/schmoozybar/
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:20 pm

They do have a draft of a website. They're very well hidden, I never noticed them. Looks like a fun place. And yes, they seem to serve breakfast.

Shuly
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Yeah I saw their FB page, but I have never seen them despite flying out of TLV at least 20 times since 2012, also saw the poor excuse for a website which seems to say
Every morning between 08:00 and 12:00 Ordering a breakfast of salad / burrito / meat platter, juice and espresso / Americano coffee on the house
I'm not sure in which country (for sure not in Israel) a meat platter is considered to be breakfast
Also not sure how many people will have a draft of beer + chaser between 00:00-08:00 given that those will be all the early morning departures

Anyway, will report back next week
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Got food from there in beginning of August when they had just joined Priority pass. They even pack it up to go if you want. They serve meat dishes, burritos, wraps, chorizos, etc.

Regarding the comment of who eats meat in the morning - Most of the world actually eats meat in the morning, in the form of bacon, sausages with eggs, etc.

Anyway the food was way better than what the Dan lounge has to offer and you get 100NIS per guest with your priority pass. Since I have the priority pass from Chase Sapphire reserve which at the time still allowed up to 4 guests, I was able to get food for the entire family before our flight to Greece.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
Regarding the comment of who eats meat in the morning - Most of the world actually eats meat in the morning, in the form of bacon, sausages with eggs, etc.
I'd be very happy if they would serve me bacon (macon?) and sausages for breakfast, a "meat platter" on the other hand sounds less appealing as a breakfast.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I think this could be a genuine enhancement for anyone with PP membership (which I have through Amex) compared with the Dan lounges.
tedcruz likes this.

Last edited by clubman; Sep 12, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

So flying out of TLV this morning, I wanted to give it a shot however they had no food except for Nachos or Hummus, apparently they ran out of the rest (!?!?!?)
TLV this morning was very chaotic, to the point where at the entrance to the DAN lounges the agent was telling people that there are no seats, and he wasn't lying, so while that could have been a good alternative, it was quite disappointing.

They are located just between the ALM electronics shop and the VAT return counter, so I must have seen them in the past as I almost always roam around the ALM electronics shop, just never noticed them.

For the 100NIS you can get some decent food options + small beer or so, a much better alternative to the DAN lounge, menu attached below:

AnaTravel and orbitmic like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Many thanks for the report and for posting the menus Ditto

Definitely looks like a nice alternative to the Dan lounges, although being a meat joint, doesn't offer much breakfast wise which is a shame. Would have been nice to have had somewhere to get a decent coffee and pastry.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Many thanks for the report and for posting the menus Ditto

Definitely looks like a nice alternative to the Dan lounges, although being a meat joint, doesn't offer much breakfast wise which is a shame. Would have been nice to have had somewhere to get a decent coffee and pastry.
Yep, or eggs, although being a Kosher meat joint in Israel that just doesn't fit the profile...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
What are the opening times?
it's very confusing, on their poor excuse of a website it says that the place is open 24/7 other then Shabbat since the place is Kosher.
on the PP website it gives different times and schedules depending on the day of the week and on the season. Do they restrict PP guests at peak times?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:18 am

Thanks for the information on Schmoozy Bar at Terminal 3 joining Priority Pass recently. The Dan Lounges are pretty grim. I'll check this option out next time I am at Ben Gurion.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
What are the opening times?
it's very confusing, on their poor excuse of a website it says that the place is open 24/7 other then Shabbat since the place is Kosher.
on the PP website it gives different times and schedules depending on the day of the week and on the season. Do they restrict PP guests at peak times?
The PP app shows 24 hours Sun-Thu and then the odd schedule around Shabbat...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
What are chicken sliders with sliced duck breast?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
What are chicken sliders with sliced duck breast?
When I first read it, I thought they must have meant skewered chicken (shipudim, shishlik), but Google and Wikipedia are telling me that "slider" is an American term for a small, hot bun sandwich (mini burger), so I guess the latter is more likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.