Kol Hakavok El Al!

Old Aug 20, 18, 3:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: Turkish Airlines, ELAL, KLM, AEROFLOT, ETIHAD, ROYAL JORDANIAN, Air Morocco, Aegean
Posts: 5
Talking Kol Hakavok El Al!

Hey,
Got an upgrade from TLV to Hong Kong!
Certainly from all G+ statuses I have, El Al is the only airlines that actually upgrades me on regular basis (either to economy+ or to business)
This time, they upgraded me because they changed my seat and it was taken
polopo002 is offline  
Old Aug 20, 18, 6:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Gateshead
Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by polopo002 View Post
Hey,
Got an upgrade from TLV to Hong Kong!
Certainly from all G+ statuses I have, El Al is the only airlines that actually upgrades me on regular basis (either to economy+ or to business)
This time, they upgraded me because they changed my seat and it was taken
It's Kol Hakovod....
But yes, that is a nice gesture from EL AL which they do tend to give out to their senior status holders. I have 5 flights with EL AL in Economy in the next month and a bit s hoping for an upgrade on at least one of them.
tedcruz is offline  
Old Aug 20, 18, 11:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,123
HKG is 772 or 789 now?
LY777 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 18, 6:27 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Gateshead
Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
HKG is 772 or 789 now?
Mixture of both. I think recently it has been the 772 but that is due to the 789 going to JFK, BOS and CDG.
tedcruz is offline  
Old Aug 21, 18, 11:16 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TLV/LHR
Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,686
Originally Posted by polopo002 View Post

Certainly from all G+ statuses I have, El Al is the only airlines that actually upgrades me on regular basis (either to economy+ or to business)
This time, they upgraded me because they changed my seat and it was taken
When you say Economy+ do you actually mean economy+ or do you mean Premium Economy on the 787? What's your status with them, and who else do you have status with?
clubman is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:26 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: Turkish Airlines, ELAL, KLM, AEROFLOT, ETIHAD, ROYAL JORDANIAN, Air Morocco, Aegean
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
When you say Economy+ do you actually mean economy+ or do you mean Premium Economy on the 787? What's your status with them, and who else do you have status with?
Since this post, I was upgraded to Business two more times.
amazing.
never been upgraded like that.
I am gold.

I have gold in many other programs as well.
tedcruz likes this.
polopo002 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 3:28 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Gateshead
Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by polopo002 View Post
Since this post, I was upgraded to Business two more times.
amazing.
never been upgraded like that.
I am gold.

I have gold in many other programs as well.
I also just upgraded TLV-LHR on the B789, quite welcome. However I am Top Platinum so probably get more upgrades than Gold would.
tedcruz is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 4:53 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TLV,LHR,HKG
Programs: BA Bronze , ELAL Platinum
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by polopo002 View Post
Since this post, I was upgraded to Business two more times.
amazing.
never been upgraded like that.
I am gold.

I have gold in many other programs as well.
Amazing - I'd love to know the secret. I fly every 2 weeks TLV-LHR-LTV. I'm Platinum status and a Fly Card holder. I've not had an upgrade in over 2 years. So that's approximately 100 individual flights and not a single upgrade.
hnussbacher likes this.
Calculated Risk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread