FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Kol Hakavok El Al! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1926165-kol-hakavok-el-al.html)

polopo002 Aug 20, 2018 3:20 am

Kol Hakavok El Al!

Hey,
Got an upgrade from TLV to Hong Kong!
Certainly from all G+ statuses I have, El Al is the only airlines that actually upgrades me on regular basis (either to economy+ or to business)
This time, they upgraded me because they changed my seat and it was taken

tedcruz Aug 20, 2018 6:34 am

Originally Posted by polopo002 (Post 30104194)
Hey,
Got an upgrade from TLV to Hong Kong!
Certainly from all G+ statuses I have, El Al is the only airlines that actually upgrades me on regular basis (either to economy+ or to business)

It's Kol Hakovod....
But yes, that is a nice gesture from EL AL which they do tend to give out to their senior status holders. I have 5 flights with EL AL in Economy in the next month and a bit s hoping for an upgrade on at least one of them.

LY777 Aug 20, 2018 11:22 am

HKG is 772 or 789 now?

tedcruz Aug 21, 2018 6:27 am

Originally Posted by LY777 (Post 30105919)
HKG is 772 or 789 now?

Mixture of both. I think recently it has been the 772 but that is due to the 789 going to JFK, BOS and CDG.

clubman Aug 21, 2018 11:16 am

Originally Posted by polopo002 (Post 30104194)

When you say Economy+ do you actually mean economy+ or do you mean Premium Economy on the 787? What's your status with them, and who else do you have status with?

polopo002 Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 30111018)
When you say Economy+ do you actually mean economy+ or do you mean Premium Economy on the 787? What's your status with them, and who else do you have status with?

Since this post, I was upgraded to Business two more times.
amazing.
never been upgraded like that.
I am gold.

I have gold in many other programs as well.

tedcruz Aug 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by polopo002 (Post 30143966)
amazing.
I am gold.

I also just upgraded TLV-LHR on the B789, quite welcome. However I am Top Platinum so probably get more upgrades than Gold would.

Calculated Risk Aug 31, 2018 4:53 am

Originally Posted by polopo002 (Post 30143966)
amazing.
I am gold.

Amazing - I'd love to know the secret. I fly every 2 weeks TLV-LHR-LTV. I'm Platinum status and a Fly Card holder. I've not had an upgrade in over 2 years. So that's approximately 100 individual flights and not a single upgrade.