When will the 772s be refurbished ?

Old Jul 9, 18, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver

LY said they will receive the same interior as the 787s.

Will they keep the F class?
Old Jul 9, 18, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
I think the main issue is how LY can deal with the abscence of the B772. They'll either have to change timetables making the B767 fly to LHR for a while whils the B772 get refurbished or they'll have to lease aircraft.
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:41 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
I think the main issue is how LY can deal with the abscence of the B772. They'll either have to change timetables making the B767 fly to LHR for a while whils the B772 get refurbished or they'll have to lease aircraft.
it will probably be done in the next big checks
Old Jul 9, 18, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
they can refurbish one at a time in winter
Old Jul 9, 18, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ly787 View Post

it will probably be done in the next big checks
do you mean the D-checks?
ECF and ECF have just had their D checks, so we would have to wait 7 years lol
Old Jul 10, 18, 1:06 am

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
I was told by an LY employee that the 772's will not be modified to match the 789 interiors.
There will be 2 different long haul products.
Old Jul 10, 18, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by LatusElAl View Post
I was told by an LY employee that the 772's will not be modified to match the 789 interiors.
Because of course there will

Not just an airline...
BATLV likes this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
On the 772, El Al flies a 772 BOS-TLV, SeatGuru gives the first row as first class, El AL will give the first class seat for $650 when one purchases a business class ticket.

Does anyone know if I can use frequent flyer points for this 'upgrade'? I would have to transfer points from Amex to El Al...

Would a good strategy be to not pick a seat, and hope you end up there when all other seats are gone?

Last edited by Shawn02139; Aug 31, 18 at 3:03 pm Reason: clarify question
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Shawn02139 View Post
On the 772, El Al flies a 772 BOS-TLV, SeatGuru gives the first row as first class, El AL will give the first class seat for $650 when one purchases a business class ticket.

Does anyone know if I can use frequent flyer points for this 'upgrade'? I would have to transfer points from Amex to El Al...

Would a good strategy be to not pick a seat, and hope you end up there when all other seats are gone?
is it going to be the sane business class service ?
if so then itís not worth it - itís basically the same exact seat but a bit wider
I would definitely not spend the money or the points on it
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:24 pm

$650 or 1,950 points per flight segment for long-range destinations except Miami, San Francisco and Los Angeles

$700 or 2,100 points per flight segment to/from Los Angeles, San Francisco​ and Miami

* First Class seat with Business Class service. Under certain conditions, Economy Class service is offered to passengers in First Class seats

* Top Platinum and​ Platinum members holding Business Class tickets in C class are entitled to advance seating in First Class

* Gold members holding Business Class tickets in C class are entitled to First class seats assigned at the airport
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LatusElAl View Post
is that official ?
Old Sep 2, 18, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC

Feel free to start a new thread next time you have a question that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Seriously, not having a go, but we get so little traffic here, new threads are more than welcome

Search this Thread