Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried the bid2fly and can share her/his thoughts?

Old Apr 22, 18, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL - PL

I saw an old post from 2016 with regard to bid2fly but there is nothing too much informative there.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 18, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA; A3; IHG/IC
I had "won" bid2fly to Athens. Rather understandably, they sell the fares on light-demand flights. These, of course, have a chance of being cancelled by the airline. In my case it happened 23 days before the flight, when "Tibi law" is inapplicable.

What's frustraiting though is when trying to find a solution with an ElAl representative for a refund / alternative flight, ElAl refused to be find an alternative for the cancelled flight on the same date, "because it was a bid2fly fare". They wanted to move me to another date of their choice. So in this way bid2fly did limit my options.

Last edited by eugnk; Apr 24, 18 at 6:46 pm
Old Apr 25, 18, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL - PL
Originally Posted by eugnk View Post
I had "won" bid2fly to Athens. Rather understandably, they sell the fares on light-demand flights. These, of course, have a chance of being cancelled by the airline. In my case it happened 23 days before the flight, when "Tibi law" is inapplicable.

What's frustraiting though is when trying to find a solution with an ElAl representative for a refund / alternative flight, ElAl refused to be find an alternative for the cancelled flight on the same date, "because it was a bid2fly fare". They wanted to move me to another date of their choice. So in this way bid2fly did limit my options.
Thanks eugnk, typical EL AL customer service indeed.

Search this Thread