Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Al hates me!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Delta platinum is possibly cause to have a minor celebration, but silver on El Al or any airline? Meh. I mean, how much back patting do you need?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by mapleg
Delta platinum is possibly cause to have a minor celebration, but silver on El Al or any airline? Meh. I mean, how much back patting do you need?
None -- but should El Al really be "delighted" that I didn't fly with them last year? (Okay, the young female FAs should be delighted by that fact, but the whole airline?)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Well actually, while Silver on ElAl is practically useless, it's not necessarily so on other airlines.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
Unfortunately, very true. I have been TP for years now....Even at this level, upgrades are scarce, bonus co-pays are unreasonable and opening availability is maybe 10% of what it was just a couple of years ago. Even inflight service for the TPs has deteriorated. Add that to the horrid situation on the 787 (the mainstay of the fleet going forward) - and I am really considering spreading the wealth a bit and dropping out of the rat race for TP renewal.
Out of curiosity, what kind of flying are you doing to be TP for years?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by clubman
No. an ID number is not a membership number but a personal one. Israeli Teudat Zehut, or perhaps passport number etc.
Thought it might be that, but I've tried both passport numbers I've had since I may have accidentally signed up and it didn't work. I'm not Israeli, so don't have a TZ.

Doesn't help the confusion when the webpage is *ForgotIdNumber.aspx* yet the page text says *Forgot Member Number* and asks for an ID number...

Was hoping I'd be able to page @EL AL Rep.; but it doesn't look like they've logged in to FT in over 3 years.

I'll try calling LY.. Oy...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
You can contact LY on FB
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Houminer
You can contact LY on FB
Yes, that's very good idea. He can contact LY on FB. They will help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.