El Al Connection at MADRID

Old Nov 27, 17, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
El Al Connection at MADRID

I will be connecting from Iberia flight to El Al flight. Both flights arrive and depart at MAD T4S.

Will I be able to just walk from Iberia arrival gate to El Al departure gate? Or will I have to go through immigration lines and security lines at MAD?? I'm thinking that for at least EL AL there will be more security lines. I'm wondering about leaving adequate time between flights.

Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 17, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by suntravler View Post
I will be connecting from Iberia flight to El Al flight. Both flights arrive and depart at MAD T4S.

Will I be able to just walk from Iberia arrival gate to El Al departure gate? Or will I have to go through immigration lines and security lines at MAD?? I'm thinking that for at least EL AL there will be more security lines. I'm wondering about leaving adequate time between flights.

Thank you.
You should be able to get your LY boarding pass as you check in for the Iberia flight. You then just transfer, or in other words, go straight to the gate. There will be some extra security at the gate.

Shuly
Old Nov 27, 17, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for this helpful information, Shula.
Old Nov 29, 17, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis Chairman, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Do you have checked bags? Is it a codeshare?
Old Nov 29, 17, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite
OT, I didn't know that LY uses T4S. I thought it is only for IB and OW carriers.
Old Nov 29, 17, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Hi, NYTA,

Separate tickets. No checked bags.

But I decided to make a different flight connection because I was too concerned that the timing of the El Al connection...although within the MCT....was just too tight for my peace of mind.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread