Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

elal.com - how can they get it so wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

So I logged into my account to book an incredibly cheap one way redemption to FRA. 75 points and $89 in taxes and charges which is a bit of a bargain.
Tried completing this online but simply wouldn't work, and when I tried going back and starting again the availbility was gone.
So I called them up, and they could see my booking which was held on the system, and we had to complete it over the phone which took a good 20 minutes.

Then I tried booking a bulkhead seat ($50) and I couldn't complete that online either, so once again I had to call them up and get it done over the phone.
a couple of days later my plans changed and I had to cancel, but can you do that online? Oh no, way too complicated for them to work that one out and so once again I had to call them up, hold on the line etc..

Yesterday I was looking to book a mixed class booking, but can you do that online? Once again no, so it required yet again a phone call to them.

Honestly and truthfully diabolical.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Israeli technology is For Export Use Only
tedcruz likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
What I don't like on their new website is that you have to select your flights before knowig the a/c type. Beforehand, you could click on the flight number to know the a/c type

Last edited by LY777; Nov 16, 2017 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I actually booked both Y and J award tickčts to FRA last week online - no problem.

However, I couldn't purchase a seat for the Y ticket - it errored out and I had to call in.

Mixed classes used to be possible prior to the latest site "revamp."
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
I passed this onward to my technical contact within Elal on Nov 21. Has this been fixed?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
I passed this onward to my technical contact within Elal on Nov 21. Has this been fixed?
Dont think it's fixed.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
My answer to every complaint about El Al always goes back to their own slogan - "It's not just an airline - it's Israel!"
entropy, Dovster and yb90 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.