Arkia - What's next?

Old Oct 10, 17, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Fairmont
Arkia - What's next?

I know that Arkia has 4 Airbus A321-NEO's on order with the first set to join the fleet in early or mid 2018.
I believe they are actually replacing the 757 fleet by 1:1, save for one additional frame.

I also noticed that they have A330neo 's on order, and 787's.
WIll they actually take delivery of the widebody aircraft?
Old Oct 15, 17, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis Chairman, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I sure hope so. More competition is always better.
Old Oct 22, 17, 2:25 pm

They plan on opening a Far East and east coast USA low cost route with the A330neos. All economy.
Old Oct 22, 17, 11:47 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
If "Shaul Nakash" (previous post to this) is really Mr. Shaul Nakash - well, his family owns Arkia. If that's you, welcome to FT. Glad to have you here.
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Interesting. I wonder indeed if Shaul is from the Nakash family..

In Response to Shaul's post about far east & east cost USA:

I am not privy to the market research that has been conducted and is presumably being conducted on a continuous basis, but given the fact that Israeli's love to go on nature-related trips, do any of you feel that some seasonal charter flights to Vancouver or Calgary in the summer months could be successful? The business case would be related to Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, etc..

I just feel that the US East coast, while not over-served, is well served already by the major operators who can afford to drop their prices and throw in a few extra miles to poach Arkia's customers...

In any case, I really do wish Arkia a lot of success, I've always liked their operation!
Old Oct 23, 17, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
I thing ELAL have the American market. Arkia should concentrae on EU and hioliday destinations in Africa.
Old Oct 24, 17, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
I thing ELAL have the American market. Arkia should concentrae on EU and hioliday destinations in Africa.
So what if LY has the America market? They're not the same airline. They're competitors.
Old Oct 24, 17, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
So what if LY has the America market? They're not the same airline. They're competitors.
I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Burgeranch & Burgers Bar are technically competitors by virtue of serving the same market, but they do not go after the same segment of that market.

But I agree with the general statement.
Old Oct 25, 17, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I see your point, and in the airline world, you don't see Spirit competing with Lufthansa. But you do see smaller airlines (Wow and Norwegian) who have become international competitors. easyJet who has stolen corporate travel from BA. It wouldn't be such a stretch, with Arkia now getting long-haul aircraft, to try to steal LY travelers. If LY's sole competitive advantage over UA/DL is being "Israeli" (flying home carrier and/or the "security benefit,") Arkia can claim both of those. They may not steal TPLs but they could get much of the bread-and-butter Israeli families and American Zionists who prefer LY for such reasons and fly once a year to Israel.

Search this Thread