Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL 787 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:43 am

oy, any idea why?

and a followup would be are these grounding due to problems inherent in the aircraft or is El Al messing up someplace?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by awayIgo
oy, any idea why?

and a followup would be are these grounding due to problems inherent in the aircraft or is El Al messing up someplace?
I am guessing that the problems have to do with the aircraft. That seems to be the case when a new Boeing product begins being put into operation.

Last edited by Dovster; Oct 31, 2017 at 3:16 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
The aircraft is up and flying again
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Had my first experience with the LY 789 and here are my impressions:
- Cramped. No other way to put it. The whole ac just felt cramped. Tight aisles and spaces. Just cramped, almost claustrophobic.
- The closets for hanging stuff in the front are short....typical garment bag won't hang straight.
- Bathrooms actually slightly wider/bigger than the 777. Also liked the sensor flush and faucet - less germy stuff to touch.
- IFE - finally a decent and industry standard offering from LY. Yes, you can binge watch an entire season of The Good Wife or House of Cards.
- I sat in Premium Economy. Its pretty much comparable to what the American carriers call F on their domestic routes. Seat is wider. Reclines a bit farther. There is a leg rest but it doesn't really do the trick. The meal service is a notch below what LY do in 777 C (menu, non-paper dishes, choice of 3 entrees, wine selection). With all that was unimpressed that the wine they did serve was poured into plastic cups - of all the places to go cheap. The FA attention was similar to economy (nobody home) as opposed to business (jump at every beck and call). Good blanket (same as the 777 C blanket from Hollandia).
- Took a walk into C - looks just like US and DL. I know there is lots of personal space and privacy, but the overall cabin feel is just cramped, cramped, cramped. Ugh. I hear lots of LY FF's have been complaining that the C seat is too tight. Are LY flyers fatter than most?
- Also took a walk down to Y - whoever it was that said "they took the meat off the bone" hit the nail on the head. Pax packed in like sardines. Really narrow aisles with 9 across.
I don't know.....I was expecting more from this plane. A bit disappointed. But I suppose can't blame LY for this one. Its the industry.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
"Jump at every beck and call"? What airline have you been flying? Every time I have flown LY business class I have been mostly ignored by crew for anything other than the regular "rounds" - even after pressing the call button.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
I hear lots of LY FF's have been complaining that the C seat is too tight.
That may be an industry norm. I know that Delta One lie flat seats are much too narrow. They were okay when DL was flying the 747s out of TLV but when they switched to the 777s they put in narrower seats which made sleeping uncomfortable.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NYTA
"Jump at every beck and call"? What airline have you been flying? Every time I have flown LY business class I have been mostly ignored by crew for anything other than the regular "rounds" - even after pressing the call button.
I have excellent experiences in LY C class on the 744 and 772. The hard product may be sub-par and the back-office management a-holes, but the airborne FA's are great. Very attentive, very friendly, always there (and usually very attractive ). That's my experience.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:59 pm

Well their prices have gone up this year.I know for YYZ, the prices are higher, although they are still flying the 767. Seems kind've dumb given the competition.

Im curious to hear if folks are still gathering for prayer on the 787 flights. ON AC, the dreamliner is too tight and there is not space.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by simba8
Well their prices have gone up this year.I know for YYZ, the prices are higher, although they are still flying the 767. Seems kind've dumb given the competition.

Im curious to hear if folks are still gathering for prayer on the 787 flights. ON AC, the dreamliner is too tight and there is not space.
Prayers are still carried out on the 787.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I remember reading about a presentation that Airbus made when they tried to sell the A380 to ElAl years ago where there was a synagogue built in to one of the lower deck areas. Would be a good solution to this. Not sure if the proposed synagogue contained a Torah scroll and how many pax it could accomodate, but a neat idea - would make for entertaining Monday/Thursday day flights.
Innocent Abroad likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I remember reading about a presentation that Airbus made when they tried to sell the A380 to ElAl years ago where there was a synagogue built in to one of the lower deck areas. Would be a good solution to this. Not sure if the proposed synagogue contained a Torah scroll and how many pax it could accomodate, but a neat idea - would make for entertaining Monday/Thursday day flights.
That is quite funny. Where would the A380 go? JFK?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by tedcruz
That is quite funny. Where would the A380 go? JFK?
Surely they could send it for endless rotations to the Ukraine around Rosh Hashana
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
I actually think it was presented by Airbus for a 340/330 deal
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by ly787
I actually think it was presented by Airbus for a 340/330 deal
it was indeed for A330/A340
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
What a great review - http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.