Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL 787 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
the one advantage is that LY has that nighttime flight from TLV-YYZ which I think is far better than the daytime AC 85.
Agreed.
I dont mind the seats on the 767 (the noise is awful though) and just bring my own ipad.
I honestly believe that YYZ would be the very last route to get a new plane. I feel like they will cover all US routes first and then move those planes to YYZ, before they actually move a Dreamliner over.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by simba8
Agreed.
I dont mind the seats on the 767 (the noise is awful though) and just bring my own ipad.
I honestly believe that YYZ would be the very last route to get a new plane. I feel like they will cover all US routes first and then move those planes to YYZ, before they actually move a Dreamliner over.
I don't think YYZ will see a change until the 788 arrive
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Found another pic
Attached Images  
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Originally Posted by ly787
Saw this on FB
First picture that's not a rendering that I have seen of the
Nice new business class !!!
This is Yafit Alon.
She was in charge of the interior design of the 787
Few of us where invited last year to help choosing the Biz Class seats.
I am happy that Elal chose the best out of the 3 we saw.

Name:  787.png
Views: 1022
Size:  70.1 KB
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LiorM
I am happy that Elal chose the best out of the 3 we saw.
Well, that makes a change from the last time. I was at an event (in Hayim Romano's days) where we were asked to choose the previous generation of business class seats. EL AL then chose the seats which were voted WORST by most people at the event!
LiorM likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mikebg
Well, that makes a change from the last time. I was at an event (in Hayim Romano's days) where we were asked to choose the previous generation of business class seats. EL AL then chose the seats which were voted WORST by most people at the event!
Yeah! That's very worst. Those people who does not like LY at all. It's very uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by ly787
Next one is October 9
Two in March
One in june
One in August
All 787-9
Good! When the 787-8 to be delivered? Didn't they already orders 787-10 yet? I know they had rights to orders 787-10 Dreamliner.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by simba8
Agreed.
unfortunately I have to concur with that statement.
I foresee LAX, MIA, JFK/EWR and maybe a return to ORD becoming 787 ops before YYZ.
Maybe they'll throw the 777 on Toronto as a stop gap between the 763 and 788.
Who knows.

In other news, apparently AC and TS have been doing really well on the YUL-TLV rotations, so that's positive.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Anyone on the inaugural to LHR?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Anyone on the inaugural to LHR?
When is it?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by NYTA
When is it?
It was yesterday sept 12.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I had a ticket for 16A (last seat in business on left). Unfortunately had to cancel (it was a fully refundable fare).
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Flew LY316 in 13A on 13th

Huge difference in engine noise
Amazing and highly informative in flight media with manipulable moving maps containing tourist info
Business was comfortable though will take getting used to having such a large cabin with 28 passengers. the seat configuration is 1-2-1 with the odd rows arranged so that the There is a table between the window and the seat and in the middle column the have the side-table facing the isle with the two seats side by side. The even rows are arranged in the opposite way so the window seats are window seats with the side-table on the isle side, and the middle row have the side-table in the middle separating the seats
Premium, though a separate cabin it did feel a lot like economy jut with fewer seats configuration 2-3-2.
Economy felt like the meat had been taken off the bone and all that was left was a skeleton of rows of seats 3-3-3. a very futuristic and clinical skeleton.
The toilets were pleasant though the flush kept going every time I leaned back (while sitting - perhaps TMI).
awayIgo likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold

Last edited by Calculated Risk; Sep 13, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
The toilets were pleasant though the flush kept going every time I leaned back (while sitting - perhaps TMI).
The only 787 I flew in was KQ, and the toilet flush seems to be activated by some sort of proximity sensor rather than an actual button, which might be the source of the problem...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
Huge difference in engine noise
Amazing and highly informative in flight media with manipulable moving maps containing tourist info
Business was comfortable though will take getting used to having such a large cabin with 28 passengers. the seat configuration is 1-2-1 with the odd rows arranged so that the There is a table between the window and the seat and in the middle column the have the side-table facing the isle with the two seats side by side. The even rows are arranged in the opposite way so the window seats are window seats with the side-table on the isle side, and the middle row have the side-table in the middle separating the seats
Premium, though a separate cabin it did feel a lot like economy jut with fewer seats configuration 2-3-2.
Economy felt like the meat had been taken off the bone and all that was left was a skeleton of rows of seats 3-3-3. a very futuristic and clinical skeleton.
Anything noticeably different in terms of Food & Bev?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.