Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Ben Gurion now charging for (what they call) baggage trolleys

Ben Gurion now charging for (what they call) baggage trolleys

Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mikebg
Relax! You get your money back when you return the cart.
I posted that back when the news first broke and that fact was unbeknownst to us :-)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:05 pm
Suspended

arrived Tues on OS from VIE (connection from JFK) saw very few people with carts most just rolled their bags w/o a cart.

I went for a cart knowing that if returned with in 5 hrs I dont get charged. My luck my rental car was in the outside lot area and all the way in the back, loaded the car and walked inside to return the cart. Followed the instructions rolled the cart into the coral and inserted my CC within 20 secs. The lights never turned green and the cart cant be removed any longer once inserted. Usually that would mean I lose my 10 sheks.

However I noticed as I was heading to my car at least 2 dz carts lying everywhere(guess thats how they will mae their money, by folks not returning the cart they keep the 10 sheks). anyway I took 1 of the carts to a different coral and repeated the return process, this time the lights flashed green and a thank you message on the screen.

Checking my CC acct now, it shows the original charge still pending and nothing about a refund. Does anyone know how it works , will the pending charge simply fall off and never go thru? or will it post and a refund transaction post as well?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:11 am

you just need to return the cart back and get your coin back
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Update; My CC was charged w/o any refund posting. Just called my CC issuer and told them I wanted to dispute the charge and explained how I did everything they said in order not to be charged. The csr told me it went thru and the $2.85 offset will appear in a couple of days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.