EL AL business class

Old May 1, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Houminer
You are surprised?
Yep, my thoughts exactly...
Old May 1, 2016, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
Yep, my thoughts exactly...
Originally Posted by Houminer
You are surprised?
Yes. Remember that I am used to Delta, where they only promise you things they don't give you. I am not used to an airline giving me something it hasn't promised.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
I'm considering booking LHR-TLV-LHR in business class for an older family member. She needs to be able to have her feet elevated so I'm wondering if "angled flat" still means she could lie back and be able to put something under her legs to keep the blood from pooling in her feet. It's really hard to find good pictures/descriptions of what the business class looks like on that; I'm pretty sure from the seating chart that it's the 777-200ER v1. Can anyone offer some insight?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Steven6702
I'm considering booking LHR-TLV-LHR in business class for an older family member. She needs to be able to have her feet elevated so I'm wondering if "angled flat" still means she could lie back and be able to put something under her legs to keep the blood from pooling in her feet. It's really hard to find good pictures/descriptions of what the business class looks like on that; I'm pretty sure from the seating chart that it's the 777-200ER v1. Can anyone offer some insight?
The seats are almost flat so they will probably be good enough
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:00 am

If, indeed, it is a 777-200 she will be fine. However, El Al is known to change its planes and if she winds up with a 737 it will NOT be a lie flat seat and, in fact, lowering the foot rest on the 737s requires some very strong leg muscles.

I have never flown LY into London but I have taken it to Amsterdam, which is not all that far away, and had 737s in both directions.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Dovster
If, indeed, it is a 777-200 she will be fine. However, El Al is known to change its planes and if she winds up with a 737 it will NOT be a lie flat seat and, in fact, lowering the foot rest on the 737s requires some very strong leg muscles.

I have never flown LY into London but I have taken it to Amsterdam, which is not all that far away, and had 737s in both directions.
LY usually uses widebodies to LHR, unlike AMS. AMS and LHR are 2 very different markets for LY
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If you book into and out of LHR, then its certainty of 99% that you'll have a lie-flat seat in business class.
If you book Luton - 99% the opposite.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Nothing is guaranteed at the moment.

LHR isn't immune to the last minute aircraft/airline changes into one of the leased ones.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
Nothing is guaranteed at the moment.

LHR isn't immune to the last minute aircraft/airline changes into one of the leased ones.
If this is the Kingfisher A345, it would be an upgrade
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:03 am

I have had flown LY 744 and 777 on routes from Europe certain times and the J seat was the old angle flat, Like the ones they have to BKK&HKG...
I didn't fly J with El al to the US for almost 6-7 years now...
So They have another seat to JFK/EWR? Or is it the old seat just with the feature for lie flat?
What about LAX?

BTW: How can anyone justifies LY prices to US? They are always 2-3k$ more then the competition or am I missing something?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by sand372
BTW: How can anyone justifies LY prices to US? They are always 2-3k$ more then the competition or am I missing something?
2-3K$ more than UA and DL or more than flights with connections?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Sorry for changing the subject abruptly, but can anyone comment on the Biz service to/from Athens, Greece?
Is it like US domestic F, or Europe biz?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:35 pm

I can't talk about Athens but I have flown this summer to Sofia and Bucharest, which are not very far from Athens and the seating was far superior to US domestic F.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:15 am
zam

Does anyone know what r class is on Elal? Also, are the business class seats on the privilege air planes El Al uses lie flat?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Are flights from JFK/EWR all have the newer seats? I think the 747s do, but it is unclear if the 777 have the newer seats.

I don't usually fly LY because of the inferior hard product, but may have to due to availbility

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.