Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Question about new Israeli air passenger rights law

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of them, no status

I know the general gist of the new law that took effect in August, and I believe it applies to my husband's LY flight from TLV-JFk on Thursday.

He was on the 9:40 AM, and they just called to tell me it's cancelled and that they want to move him to the 1AM between Wed and Thurs.

I followed the sort-of flow chart of yes/no scenarios in this article, and it would appear that he *is* in the category of passengers due compensation.

Since this flight change they are suggesting (and which I have not yet accepted - I told them they may have to look for options through europe or something) screws up an onward flight and a booked car service to get home on a major holiday, etc., I am not going down easy on this one.

Please let me know. What is the compensation required by law? I am having a hard time finding out information other than media reports, which aren't all that specific.
If the compensation would cover the cost of a new onward flight, then we could be amenable to the change.

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:43 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Several posts have been removed as they were not helpful and did not address the concern of the poster. Please stick to the question raised by the poster.

yosithezet
Moderator, EL AL Forum

Last edited by yosithezet; Nov 18, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:32 pm

Unless your question is unclear--isn't he now leaving Israel 8 hours EARLIER?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.