Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Question for parents who traveled w/toddler

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:19 am
Original Poster

we are flying tlv-jfk
it looks like we won't be taking our full size stroller as we have one in ny to use, plus we have a mclaren umbrella folding stroller to take back with us.

We looked into buying a cheepy one just for the airport in tlv but as all things in Israel, a (safe) stroller that would cost me $40 in NY would cost me $150+ in Israel.. we're not trying to be cheap just annoying to spend $150 for a two hour stroller...

DS is 17 months old, and walks/runs just fine but he's quite curious so I'm afraid of having trouble keeping him from being restless and having to chase him around.. Also a 12 KG toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time especially when squirmy

Am I being too optimistic in thinking there is some sort of airport stroller rental in tlv?

any other suggestions from parents that went sans stroller at airport would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by seasidemama
Am I being too optimistic in thinking there is some sort of airport stroller rental in tlv?
I think you are.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:24 am

Your cheapest option although it's only part of the solution, would be to arrange a VIP service at TLV, meaning you will be transported by car untill passport control, which will help you avoid most of the walking, and will give a extra person to help with your luggauge.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
we are flying tlv-jfk
Yes, we already know that...

Get the cheap stroller, we have always had one too in addition to the fancy one and very handy when travelling.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by clubman
How did I know that you are about to post such a comment?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Also a 12 KG toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time especially when squirmy

Thanks!
I assume this is the same child you are taking as a lap child in your other post?

I'd have to say as a parent of little ones myself, you are misplacing your concern, in that case. You should be worried about the plane ride and getting him a seat on the plane, not a stroller in the airport. The airport difficulties are small beans compared to what you already know: A 12kg toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time, especially when squirmy.

Take the Maclaren. it will be fine.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman

Get the cheap stroller, we have always had one too in addition to the fancy one and very handy when travelling.
We have a nice mclaren we ordered waiting for us which is why this one would only be used for the two hours..
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
I assume this is the same child you are taking as a lap child in your other post?

I'd have to say as a parent of little ones myself, you are misplacing your concern, in that case. You should be worried about the plane ride and getting him a seat on the plane, not a stroller in the airport. The airport difficulties are small beans compared to what you already know: A 12kg toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time, especially when squirmy.

Take the Maclaren. it will be fine.
Well, I'm used to schlepping a big and tall baby.. he was 10 KG when we flew with him last and we were fine - it's not the carrying him while sitting down that worries me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.