FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Question for parents who traveled w/toddler (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1384441-question-parents-who-traveled-w-toddler.html)

seasidemama Sep 5, 2012 3:19 am

Question for parents who traveled w/toddler

we are flying tlv-jfk
it looks like we won't be taking our full size stroller as we have one in ny to use, plus we have a mclaren umbrella folding stroller to take back with us.

We looked into buying a cheepy one just for the airport in tlv but as all things in Israel, a (safe) stroller that would cost me $40 in NY would cost me $150+ in Israel.. we're not trying to be cheap just annoying to spend $150 for a two hour stroller...

DS is 17 months old, and walks/runs just fine but he's quite curious so I'm afraid of having trouble keeping him from being restless and having to chase him around.. Also a 12 KG toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time especially when squirmy :p

Am I being too optimistic in thinking there is some sort of airport stroller rental :rolleyes: in tlv?

any other suggestions from parents that went sans stroller at airport would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

ELAL Sep 5, 2012 3:21 am

Originally Posted by seasidemama (Post 19256003)
Am I being too optimistic in thinking there is some sort of airport stroller rental :rolleyes: in tlv?

I think you are.

ELAL Sep 5, 2012 4:24 am

Your cheapest option although it's only part of the solution, would be to arrange a VIP service at TLV, meaning you will be transported by car untill passport control, which will help you avoid most of the walking, and will give a extra person to help with your luggauge.

clubman Sep 5, 2012 4:35 am

we are flying tlv-jfk

Yes, we already know that... ;)

Get the cheap stroller, we have always had one too in addition to the fancy one and very handy when travelling.

ELAL Sep 5, 2012 4:41 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 19256223)

How did I know that you are about to post such a comment? ;)

vicarious_MR'er Sep 5, 2012 7:56 am

Also a 12 KG toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time especially when squirmy :p

Thanks!

I assume this is the same child you are taking as a lap child in your other post? :eek:

I'd have to say as a parent of little ones myself, you are misplacing your concern, in that case. You should be worried about the plane ride and getting him a seat on the plane, not a stroller in the airport. The airport difficulties are small beans compared to what you already know: A 12kg toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time, especially when squirmy.

Take the Maclaren. it will be fine.

seasidemama Sep 5, 2012 8:41 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 19256223)

Get the cheap stroller, we have always had one too in addition to the fancy one and very handy when travelling.

We have a nice mclaren we ordered waiting for us which is why this one would only be used for the two hours..

seasidemama Sep 5, 2012 8:43 am

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er (Post 19257018)
I assume this is the same child you are taking as a lap child in your other post? :eek:

I'd have to say as a parent of little ones myself, you are misplacing your concern, in that case. You should be worried about the plane ride and getting him a seat on the plane, not a stroller in the airport. The airport difficulties are small beans compared to what you already know: A 12kg toddler is kind of hard to hold for very long periods of time, especially when squirmy.

Take the Maclaren. it will be fine.

Well, I'm used to schlepping a big and tall baby.. he was 10 KG when we flew with him last and we were fine - it's not the carrying him while sitting down that worries me...