Wiki Posts
Search

Flying ELAL

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Flying ELAL

As a member who used to be ELAL lover and being the one who bashed everyone for slaming ELAL, I have to say I came to my senses and am asking everyone for their excuse. I have stopped flying ELAL last year May and since I moved back to LH/OS/LX/CO and to BA and KLM - depending on the route I have to fly.

I do not regret the move for a moment! The distance between ELAL and the other airlines not only in price but also in terms of product is as far as the distance between the earth and Mars.

Peace everyone...
Old May 25, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg
I have stopped flying ELAL last year May and since I moved back to LH/OS/LX/CO and to BA and KLM - depending on the route I have to fly.
And somehow you've still managed to maintain your TPL status with ELAL?!

Last edited by cblaisd; May 25, 2011 at 9:42 pm Reason: Removed unnecessary incivility/personal attack
Old May 25, 2011, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
The distance between ELAL and the other airlines not only in price but also in terms of product is as far as the distance between the earth and Mars.
I don't take issue with price so much, but LY's C HARD product (the seat) just sucks. I recently experienced it on a 744 (ELA) and a 763, the 744 was better but the 763 was just awful. The lounge product is great, and the FAs were great. The main courses ranged from dog chow to good, while the appetizers, dessert and breakfast were solid, with breakfast (ex TLV) being substantially better thanks to the great Israeli salad.

ONe thing that certainly did annoy me were the passengers ex JFK. They were a thoroughly obnoxious bunch, pushing and shoving through security (partly the fault of the idiots who setup the checkpoint in the manner it was), and several very annoying Y passengers came to C to stow their bags and came back a few times to take stuff from them.
Old May 26, 2011, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by entropy
LY's C HARD product (the seat) just sucks.
^
several very annoying Y passengers came to C to stow their bags and came back a few times to take stuff from them.
That's the FA's fault for not stopping that, and the passengers' fault for not complaining if it bothered them.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
There have been a bunch of threads on the few topics the OP broached, ranging from "Why fly EL AL" to "Why is EL AL so much more expensive than the competition," and "EL AL needs to update their hard product," and the like. Do searches for any number of those topics and read the different posts.
In fact, there's a current thread in the EL AL forum, The EL-AL tax strikes again, which talks about the pricing inequalities between LY and their counterparts.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Josh, what exactly do you expect to be discussed here? All the various promotions that LY does? At least people are talking..

This one is about LY's inferior product.

passengers' fault for not complaining if it bothered them.
i would've but I was trying to sleep and it was transient.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:01 pm

The JFK passenger tend to be full of people like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTLHk...layer_embedded
Old May 26, 2011, 11:19 pm

Lufthansa wins int book

I would rather fly on the LH A380 over El Al for many reasons . The first reason is price $2400 vs $1700 as well as schedule from SFO. I dob"t want to take an early AA flight to LAX or JFK and be subjected to LY"s security screening.

Also the praying Rabbis expecting me to daven with them when In trying to sleep won't work for me. I respect them but J need my rest.

LH flys on Shabbat and in nit subjected to LYs restriction. LH has good security and service fir the fraction of the cost.

All you are paying for with LY is a sense of extra security which other airlines provide. I feel just as secure aboard CO LH Delta etc. I don"t like standing in line at JFK or LAX getting pushed etc .
Old May 27, 2011, 1:26 am

[QUOTE=danielonn;16458118Also the praying Rabbis expecting me to "daven" with them when In trying to sleep won't work for me. I respect them but J need my rest.

LH flys on Shabbat and in nit subjected to LYs restriction.[/QUOTE]

For those that notice, something is strange in your ELAL complaints.....
Old May 27, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by amrom
For those that notice, something is strange in your ELAL complaints.....
Not sure. I think danielonn is trying to say that when they need a minyan even if he is not orthodox they ask him to join.
Old May 27, 2011, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Josh, what exactly do you expect to be discussed here? All the various promotions that LY does? At least people are talking..

This one is about LY's inferior product.
I'm not upset about people complaining about LY. (I'm not upset at all, regardless.) Just pointing out that there are currently a bunch of threads to discuss this type of stuff

Originally Posted by Shimon
The JFK passenger tend to be full of people like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTLHk...layer_embedded
That was hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 27, 2011, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by economyman
Not sure. I think danielonn is trying to say that when they need a minyan even if he is not orthodox they ask him to join.
I find it hard to believe someone not orthodox uses the word "daven" ("pray" in yiddish) over pray.
If I see the word daven written, than I would not expect a complaint that LY does not fly on shabbat, and therefore needs to fly LH.

Last edited by amrom; May 27, 2011 at 6:41 am Reason: Typo
Old May 27, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it hard to believe someone not orthodox uses the word "daven" ("pray" in yiddish) over pray.
If I see the word daven written, than I would not expect a complaint that LY flies on shabbat, and therefore needs to fly LH.
(Bolding mine)

I believe you mean that LY does NOT fly on Shabbat
Old May 27, 2011, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
(Bolding mine)

I believe you mean that LY does NOT fly on Shabbat
You got it! Post edited.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You got it! Post edited.
Continuing with my editing your typos...

If I see the word daven written, than I would not expect a complaint that LY does not fly on shabbat, and therefore needs to fly LH.
Grammatically speaking, you need to use "then" in this situation, and not "than."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.