FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   candidates for upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1179070-candidates-upgrades.html)

zohare Feb 1, 11 3:25 am

candidates for upgrades
 
Who will be preferred for upgrade to Business in last minute?
Platinum with S class or Gold with Y class?

Thanks.

Houminer Feb 1, 11 3:31 am

I think it also depends who got more basic points in the past 12 months. If it's under 1000 - no one.

(the real correct answer - The pilots wife)

ebzed Feb 1, 11 4:19 am

Platinum S be upgraded first than Gold with Y
Also Platinum S with more activity than another Platinum S will be upgraded first.
If the upgrade is due to overbooking, then TPL with K or T will be upgraded first before Platinum with S... (But then, which TPL goes exactly on T???)

And i totally agree with Houminer!

may_east Feb 1, 11 4:20 am


Originally Posted by zohare (Post 15777481)
Who will be preferred for upgrade to Business in last minute?
Platinum with S class or Gold with Y class?

Thanks.

it used to be the type of ticket as the first parameter, but that was changed quite a while ago, and now the order of parameters is:
1. the status
2. ticket type
3. how many base points in the last 12months
4. the date of joining the club.

may_east Feb 1, 11 4:22 am


Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 15777601)
Platinum S be upgraded first than Gold with Y
Also Platinum S with more activity than another Platinum S will be upgraded first.
If the upgrade is due to overbooking, then TPL with K or T will be upgraded first before Platinum with S... (But then, which TPL goes exactly on T???)

And i totally agree with Houminer!

myself a GL was upgraded from preferred BIZ seat (economy service) to full BIZ service upper deck 2 weeks ago on a flight tlv-bkk on Thursday night.
i was flying economy V class ticket.

and they took 100 points from me, without even letting me decide !
i paid 100 points just for the meal :(

ebzed Feb 1, 11 4:59 am


Originally Posted by may_east (Post 15777611)
and they took 100 points from me, without even letting me decide !
i paid 100 points just for the meal :(

Its because auto upgrade settings in your account... you cant win all the
time 8-)

Houminer Feb 1, 11 5:10 am


Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 15777601)
If the upgrade is due to overbooking, then TPL with K or T will be upgraded first before Platinum with S.

Can you elaborate on this? What are the rules of upgrading sequence if the UG is due to overbooking?
(I'm still waiting for my first UG in LY after more than 30 flights. In LH out of 4 flight I got 2 opups).

ebzed Feb 1, 11 6:31 am


Originally Posted by Houminer (Post 15777707)
Can you elaborate on this? What are the rules of upgrading sequence if the UG is due to overbooking?
(I'm still waiting for my first UG in LY after more than 30 flights. In LH out of 4 flight I got 2 opups).

On overbooking they will upgrade for free from top member to bottom...
So if there is 4 overbooking pax (TPL, PL, GL, SL) in economy, 4 seats in business and no one is entitled for an upgrade (due to economy class),
They will upgrade all 4 no matter what economy ticket they have (even if its J Class).

I have an SL friend (shh... dont tell anyone) which is often upgraded from Q/S to business...

may_east Feb 2, 11 12:52 pm


Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 15777896)
On overbooking they will upgrade for free from top member to bottom...
So if there is 4 overbooking pax (TPL, PL, GL, SL) in economy, 4 seats in business and no one is entitled for an upgrade (due to economy class),
They will upgrade all 4 no matter what economy ticket they have (even if its J Class).

I have an SL friend (shh... dont tell anyone) which is often upgraded from Q/S to business...

according to ElAl, SL is also entited for last minute upgrades !
a friend of mine was upgraded on a Thursday night flight to BKK. he is SL and held a T class ticket.

Houminer Feb 3, 11 12:19 am

If they have overbooking in Y and empty seats in C then of course they will UG even somone without status.
But, if Y is not full the SL will not get UG even if C is empty if they are not in S or Y booking class.

zohare Feb 3, 11 2:36 am


Originally Posted by may_east (Post 15787993)
according to ElAl, SL is also entited for last minute upgrades !
a friend of mine was upgraded on a Thursday night flight to BKK. he is SL and held a T class ticket.


Probably he was upgraded to business seat with Economy service.

ebzed Feb 3, 11 4:00 am


Originally Posted by may_east (Post 15777605)
it used to be the type of ticket as the first parameter, but that was changed quite a while ago, and now the order of parameters is:
1. the status
2. ticket type
3. how many base points in the last 12months
4. the date of joining the club.

Ticket club no longer a parameter...

may_east Feb 3, 11 6:47 am


Originally Posted by zohare (Post 15792596)
Probably he was upgraded to business seat with Economy service.

nop. full BIZ service, upper deck.
he was amazed also.

may_east Feb 3, 11 6:48 am


Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 15792746)
Ticket club no longer a parameter...

i copied the parameters from elal's website

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/Hebrew/Ma...LastMinute.htm

ebzed Feb 3, 11 11:12 am


Originally Posted by may_east (Post 15793191)
i copied the parameters from elal's website

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/Hebrew/Ma...LastMinute.htm

Didnt knew that, On a meeting we had with management they said something else... sorry for the misinformation


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:44 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.