FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Preferred Seats registration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1167807-preferred-seats-registration.html)

EliteLAX Jan 3, 2011 9:11 pm

Preferred Seats registration

I am sitting in Y with my wife on my trip back to LAX this week and have registered for preferred seats already. Is there a way of enhancing my chances (without being a status member on Matmid) of getting the seats?

Also, is there a way to request a specific seat as opposed to the general category of preferred seats?

joshwex90 Jan 4, 2011 12:35 am

Originally Posted by EliteLAX (Post 15577138)
I am sitting in Y with my wife on my trip back to LAX this week and have registered for preferred seats already. Is there a way of enhancing my chances (without being a status member on Matmid) of getting the seats?

No. There's a priority list, and topping the list is TPLs, Plats, then Golds, and their traveling partners. After that is Silvers and KDL members, and then regular Matmid members. I do believe though that once it reaches regular Y pax, the priority list goes by fare class.

Also, is there a way to request a specific seat as opposed to the general category of preferred seats?
Once notified, you can request any available preferred seat.

may_east Jan 4, 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by EliteLAX (Post 15577138)

don't expect too much.
you can look at expertflyer.com for the seat map of your flight and see if even those seats are available.

Houminer Jan 4, 2011 4:17 am

Arrive early at the airport.
I registerd for a seat for a flight from CDG. Got aconfirmation letter. When I came to the airport they knew nothing about it...
Since there was an exit seat available I was able to get it.

ELAL Jan 4, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Houminer (Post 15578538)
Arrive early at the airport.
I registerd for a seat for a flight from CDG. Got aconfirmation letter. When I came to the airport they knew nothing about it...
Since there was an exit seat available I was able to get it.

Did you have to pay for it?

EliteLAX Jan 4, 2011 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by may_east (Post 15578243)
don't expect too much.
you can look at expertflyer.com for the seat map of your flight and see if even those seats are available.

I'm not a member on expertflyer.com You want to check availability for me by any chance... LY 005 on Jan. 9, 2011.?

ExpertFlyer Voice Jan 4, 2011 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by EliteLAX (Post 15582137)
I'm not a member on expertflyer.com You want to check availability for me by any chance... LY 005 on Jan. 9, 2011.?

We have a 5-day Free trial that you are more then welcome to try.

Houminer Jan 4, 2011 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 15581393)

Payed with points

joshwex90 Jan 5, 2011 1:55 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 15581393)

Why wouldn't he have had to?

Originally Posted by Houminer (Post 15585638)
Payed with points

What was the price in points?

Houminer Jan 5, 2011 4:56 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15586202)
What was the price in points?

joshwex90 Jan 6, 2011 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Houminer (Post 15586625)

And had you paid in money, it would've been $59?

JohnnieZ Jan 6, 2011 5:32 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15594747)
And had you paid in money, it would've been $59?

$39.
All the information here: http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/H...referredSeat#h