FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Where to purchase reasonably price LY one way tickets? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1164846-where-purchase-reasonably-price-ly-one-way-tickets.html)

Shimon Dec 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Where to purchase reasonably price LY one way tickets?

It use to be that you could purchase LY one way tickets for a reasonable price at expedia 3 years ago. These days expedia isn't offering anything better than the el al website. The el al website prices are horrible for one way to MXP $750! A round ticket can be as cheap as $318 and no more than $400.

I don't want to fly Aegean to Milan but it seems like I may have no saner choice.

Anyone know which travel agent El Al is offloading its affordable one way tickets these days?

agold18 Dec 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Shimon (Post 15533225)
It use to be that you could purchase LY one way tickets for a reasonable price at expedia 3 years ago. These days expedia isn't offering anything better than the el al website. The el al website prices are horrible for one way to MXP $750! A round ticket can be as cheap as $318 and no more than $400.

I don't want to fly Aegean to Milan but it seems like I may have no saner choice.

Anyone know which travel agent El Al is offloading its affordable one way tickets these days?

That's where FT's popular (last few days) travel agent comes in :) lol

Message me the dates and I'm sure I will be able to get u a good price

Houminer Dec 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Buy a round trip ticket and don't show up for the return....

ebzed Dec 28, 2010 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Shimon (Post 15533225)
The el al website prices are horrible for one way to MXP $750! A round ticket can be as cheap as $318 and no more than $400.

EL-AL's website follow the rules where one way ticket is booked in S/Q Class only, If you want to trick the system you should go for G/T return ticket for 380$ (Just checked on the web site) and not show for the flight back.

LatusElAl Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 15535297)
EL-AL's website follow the rules where one way ticket is booked in S/Q Class only, If you want to trick the system you should go for G/T return ticket for 380$ (Just checked on the web site) and not show for the flight back.

Shhhhhh!!!! If they realize we're doing these kinds of things they'll shut it down . . .

Houminer Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am

Isn't that what I said? ;)

ELAL Dec 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by LatusElAl (Post 15536792)
Shhhhhh!!!! If they realize we're doing these kinds of things they'll shut it down . . .

I was even advised to do so by a rep. from the ELAL reservation call centre, she explained to me that she will find me the cheapest return date, and I should just drop the return.

nombody Dec 28, 2010 12:45 pm

If you want to lower the cost a little bit further on the return trip when you are throwing away the return leg, try this. Make the flight as a multi-city using
TLV to MXP for outbound, and then return from SOF to TLV (or Athens to TLV).
That should knock off a bit from the TLV-MXP roundtrip price.

joshwex90 Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm

CO has been known to cancel OP miles for not showing up for the return. Would you lose out on Matmid points for pulling this shtick?

nombody Dec 28, 2010 3:26 pm

My wife once received AA miles for an El Al return flight that she didn't even check in for (The rest of the family on the same reservation did check in and fly, but she had to miss the flight).

JohnnieZ Dec 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15538154)
CO has been known to cancel OP miles for not showing up for the return. Would you lose out on Matmid points for pulling this shtick?

Did it once and kept the points.

clubman Dec 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by nombody (Post 15538305)
My wife once received AA miles for an El Al return flight that she didn't even check in for

And...?

clubman Dec 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by LatusElAl (Post 15536792)

I assume you're being sarcastic?

joshwex90 Dec 29, 2010 1:47 am

Originally Posted by JohnnieZ (Post 15538816)
Did it once and kept the points.

Meaning the points for outbound that you did take? (And this was LY I presume, not CO. Correct?)

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 15540609)
I assume you're being sarcastic?

Good catch!

JohnnieZ Dec 29, 2010 3:48 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15540932)
Meaning the points for outbound that you did take? (And this was LY I presume, not CO. Correct?)

Yes and yes.

ebzed Dec 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by nombody (Post 15538305)
My wife once received AA miles for an El Al return flight that she didn't even check in for (The rest of the family on the same reservation did check in and fly, but she had to miss the flight).

This occur as well in EL-AL, The only problem that once in a year EL-AL clear those mistakes... 8-(

It occurs to those who change plans in the very last second or even do no show althought being checked-in from the internet...