Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Now Easier to become a premium member of the Matmid Club...

Old Sep 19, 10, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/M..._status_150710
Old Sep 19, 10, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Good for new members, bad for the old ones (more competition on the upgrades...)

With only 26 Legs this till now, and only 5200 points so far, hard to believe i will maintain TPL for next year until the 28/02...
Old Sep 19, 10, 12:19 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by ebzed View Post
Good for new members, bad for the old ones (more competition on the upgrades...)

With only 26 Legs this till now, and only 5200 points so far, hard to believe i will maintain TPL for next year until the 28/02...
Not very fair that TPL unlike other levels needs the same amount of points to retain than is needed to earn it.
Old Sep 20, 10, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Perhaps, but I can understand the logic behind it.

Besides, I'm sure they would be accommodating enough if a TPL was short by a few hundred points especially if they held status for a number of years.
Old Sep 20, 10, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Perhaps, but I can understand the logic behind it.

Besides, I'm sure they would be accommodating enough if a TPL was short by a few hundred points especially if they held status for a number of years.
Actually not, When i was 75 points away from my first TPL year, They didnt wanted to give me any "discount", I was lucky to had a flight for 2 days before the fifo points would increase the gap, so i got it.

They do discounts on GL/PLs, I didnt heard they did on TPL...
Old Sep 20, 10, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI

You have more than 5 months to go and you are just over half way there in terms of points so don't give up :-)
Old Sep 20, 10, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by economyman View Post
You have more than 5 months to go and you are just over half way there in terms of points so don't give up :-)
1000 points a month doesnt look logical, even to me..., worse case i will become a PL... it doesnt look that bad comparing to GL!
Old Sep 20, 10, 6:25 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Exclamation

1000 points a month doesnt look logical, even to me..., worse case i will become a PL... it doesnt look that bad comparing to GL!
Pleeease don't we need a TPL arond here!
Old Sep 20, 10, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually not, When i was 75 points away from my first TPL year, They didnt wanted to give me any "discount"
But that's different as you were asking them to "upgrade" you rather than maintain your status, and as I said, it might be different if it is someone who has maintain TPL for a number of years, in fact I'm pretty sure it would be.
Old Sep 20, 10, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

it doesnt look that bad comparing to GL!
Oh dear...

Is GL that bad these days? I remember the days (really not that long ago) when it was the top tier and I really felt the benefit.
Old Sep 20, 10, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Oh dear...

Is GL that bad these days? I remember the days (really not that long ago) when it was the top tier and I really felt the benefit.
I remember the days when only GL Existed, Then they introduced the PL,
And 3 years ago the TPL...

Search this Thread