FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Are Matmid members without any status entitled to to the extra 5kg of luggage? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/1084595-matmid-members-without-any-status-entitled-extra-5kg-luggage.html)

ELAL May 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Are Matmid members without any status entitled to to the extra 5kg of luggage?

Are Matmid members without any status entitled to to the extra 5kg of luggage?

My memory tells me that yes, and so was I told by the lady at ELAL reservations, but according to the website it dosen't seem so

Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes.
Anbody knows?

ebzed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Dont tell me you are spoiled too and need an FA to read you the text...
(I never thought about it... when having problem getting sleep i will ask FA to read me a book!)

"Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes."

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...lAlloeance.htm

ELAL May 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 13947393)
Dont tell me you are spoiled too and need an FA to read you the text...
(I never thought about it... when having problem getting sleep i will ask FA to read me a book!)

"Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes."

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...lAlloeance.htm

No ebzed dear, only you have the special honour of being called spoilt.

My question basicly was that as I from experiance remember differently and was also told so yesterday by my local reservation office, so perhaps in reality (although the book claims differently) they even allow the tl members the 5kg?

ebzed May 13, 2010 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 13948631)
No ebzed dear, only you have the special honour of being called spoilt.

My question basicly was that as I from experiance remember differently and was also told so yesterday by my local reservation office, so perhaps in reality (although the book claims differently) they even allow the tl members the 5kg?

TL fits in the Matmid Club Member... so yes... (Still dont understand, its written black on white, so either my english is bad, or i didnt got what is not understandable there...)

Also if you are a religious person there is an urban legend that your are entitled for additional 5kg due to Special Kosher food you might carry with you...

clubman May 13, 2010 1:54 am

I am a little confused here... :confused:

You said that according to the website the answer in no, but then went and quoted the website where it clearly says the answer is yes!

ELAL May 13, 2010 5:46 am

Originally Posted by ebzed (Post 13949034)
TL fits in the Matmid Club Member... so yes... (Still dont understand, its written black on white, so either my english is bad, or i didnt got what is not understandable there...)

The website states that "matmid members including silver Etc". which to me translates the following matmid members (not only from GL onward) including silver (mention only silver, meaning to me you have to be minimum silver, and TL isn't enough).

Also if you are a religious person there is an urban legend that your are entitled for additional 5kg due to Special Kosher food you might carry with you...

I've never heard of that, is there any offical scource to this?

This making my allowance 30kg (meaning that when checking in 30kg, and the check in lady starts twitching her nose, my blood pressure dosen't have to rise).

clubman May 13, 2010 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 13949547)
The website states that "matmid members including silver Etc". which to me translates the following matmid members (not only from GL onward) including silver (mention only silver, meaning to me you have to be minimum silver, and TL isn't enough).

Yes I see what you mean, wording is a little confusing but what it may mean is that normal matmid members including Silver get an extra 5kg allowance while GLs PLs etc get more than that, and they do to be honest.

clubman May 13, 2010 6:06 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 13949547)
I've never heard of that, is there any offical scource to this?

Errr, no, hence why ebzed mentioned it is an urban legend...

Urban legend - A story that appears mysteriously and spreads spontaneously in various forms and is usually false; contains elements of humour or horror and is ...

ELAL May 13, 2010 6:20 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 13949609)
Errr, no, hence why ebzed mentioned it is an urban legend...

Oops I didn't really know what that funny word meant.

In the end of the day ebzed as an Israeli has a better English than me although being British.

clubman May 13, 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 13949659)
Oops I didn't really know what that funny word meant.

You’re kidding right?

ELAL May 13, 2010 8:06 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 13949979)
You’re kidding right?

Sadly, I'm being very serious! :(

Shame on me!

joshwex90 Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

In the context of Matmid, what does "TL" stand for?

And seriously, you never heard of "urban legend"? I had attached such greatness to you based on your postings at FT... :eek:

ELAL Jun 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 14209989)
In the context of Matmid, what does "TL" stand for?

And seriously, you never heard of "urban legend"? I had attached such greatness to you based on your postings at FT... :eek:

Well well, I assume your only option is to detach the greatness from myself.
(The fact I talk 4 languages fluently seems to make me miss certain words).

joshwex90 Jun 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 14210078)
Well well, I assume your only option is to detach the greatness from myself.
(The fact I talk 4 languages fluently seems to make me miss certain words).

It seems as though English is NOT one of them ;):D

ELAL Jun 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 14210110)
It seems as though English is NOT one of them ;):D

Well English is actualy my "mother language" :mad: (although today I unfortunally use it the least).