Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nombody
Full article in Globes on Iberia switching to longhaul aircraft for Tel Aviv route, as well as Germania to fly from Nierenberg to TLV, Also Germania to increase number of weekly flights from Dusseldorf to TLV
http://www.globes.co.il/news/article...did=1001208348
https://www.port2port.co.il/article/...1%D7%A8%D7%92/
BTW it is Nürenberg or Nuerenberg (indeed also with the second N an M) but never Nierenberg
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
BTW it is Nürenberg or Nuerenberg (indeed also with the second N an M) but never Nierenberg
You're right of course, however the hebrew article wrote נירנברג which looked like Nierenberg to me. Of course I had never heard of a city named Nierenberg (although my college Dean was named Nierenberg), so now that you mention it is really Nuerenberg that makes much more sense.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nombody
You're right of course, however the hebrew article wrote נירנברג which looked like Nierenberg to me. Of course I had never heard of a city named Nierenberg (although my college Dean was named Nierenberg), so now that you mention it is really Nuerenberg that makes much more sense.
Nonetheless I was impressed by your perfect German spelling "Nieren"; this is the problem with the transliteration of the vowels with umlauts that is not always consistent. So for example my last name is written מינץ in Hebrew but Münz in German where as the German last name Müller is rendered in Hebrew mostly as מולר and only rarely as מילר.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Starting June 30 2018
Tel Aviv - Beijing 772 will replace 763
LY095 TLV2330 – 1330+1PEK 772 136
LY096 PEK2200 – 0320+1TLV 772 247
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Germania to fly TLV-Berlin route

http://www.globes.co.il/news/article...did=1001209213
Replacing some of the Air Berlin flights
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3*G
ryan air

Ryan air added much more destinations from TLV, all beginning next week.

Brussels Charleroi
burgas
Berlin
Bremen
Dusseldorf
Frankfurt
Budapest
Rome
Kaunas
Warsaw

Bratislava - only 3-4 times in Nov. & not any more later
Krakow - on some dates they have double flights, why not add more days instead?

that's all in addition to
Baden Baden
Gdansk
Krakow
Milan Bergamo
Paphos
Poznan
Wroclaw
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by travel agent
Ryan air added much more destinations from TLV, all beginning next week.

Brussels Charleroi
burgas
Berlin
Bremen
Dusseldorf
Frankfurt
Budapest
Rome
Kaunas
Warsaw

Bratislava - only 3-4 times in Nov. & not any more later
Krakow - on some dates they have double flights, why not add more days instead?

that's all in addition to
Baden Baden
Gdansk
Krakow
Milan Bergamo
Paphos
Poznan
Wroclaw
This is due to an Ovda airport only operating partially for the first two weeks of November. As such they will operate all intended VDA flights to TLV, with the airport providing bus transfers to Eilat to those wishing to use it.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Deleted
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by gordo6
This is due to an Ovda airport only operating partially for the first two weeks of November. As such they will operate all intended VDA flights to TLV, with the airport providing bus transfers to Eilat to those wishing to use it.
So does this mean these routes are not permanently to TLV? Too bad as I'd fly on a few of them, but not to Ovda.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYTA
So does this mean these routes are not permanently to TLV? Too bad as I'd fly on a few of them, but not to Ovda.
No, but I do suspect they might add them later on a regular base if these one-off flights will be a success.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:12 am

Atlas Global to IST. Will be good for positioning flights for TK which seems to have been raising fares from TLV lately.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-a...hts-1001210125
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Atlas Global to IST. Will be good for positioning flights for TK which seems to have been raising fares from TLV lately.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-a...hts-1001210125

Important to point out that they have a real business class product (akin to U.S. domestic First) - 36" pitch 20" width recliners if I'm not mistaken. 2-2 seating with 4 rows.

Also, I noticed they have $399 roundtrips in business IST-London. If you don't mind a connection and find a cheap Y ticket to and from IST, it can be a great way to get to London in style.

Also of note is their $3500 unlimited business class pass. Also a fantastic way to tour around Europe/Northern Africa/Middle East in style.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Important to point out that they have a real business class product (akin to U.S. domestic First) - 36" pitch 20" width recliners if I'm not mistaken. 2-2 seating with 4 rows.

Also, I noticed they have $399 roundtrips in business IST-London. If you don't mind a connection and find a cheap Y ticket to and from IST, it can be a great way to get to London in style.

Also of note is their $3500 unlimited business class pass. Also a fantastic way to tour around Europe/Northern Africa/Middle East in style.
the business class pass would be great if that was the price from TLV and they had more weekly flights.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
the business class pass would be great if that was the price from TLV and they had more weekly flights.
I was under the impression that the pass is valid for all flights in the network, is it not?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by gordo6
how come all other airlines are operating as usual from / to VDA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.