Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
That makes it much less appealing than the LH flight that arrives at 11 or some of the TK flights. I wonder if they have air/rail connections to QKL or QDU.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3*G
Vueling from 04JUL15 plans to add Florence – Tel Aviv operation, which sees service operated by Airbus A319 aircraft, once a week. This weekly service is scheduled to operate until 04OCT15.

VY6914 FLR2340 – 0410+1TLV 319 6
VY6915 TLV0510 – 0800FLR 319 7
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: *A
Operating exclusively on Shabbos is interesting. A killer of a red-eye as well.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:07 am

Motzei shabbat. One day a week seems more like a charter, though.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by NYTA
... One day a week seems more like a charter, though.

Is there a possibility that this flight is being done because a specific company has committed to buy a certain amount of seats?
Like the new flight BA started from Cambridge to Gothenburg as explained in this article that it was started after the company Astra Zeneca committed to buy 20 seats on each flight.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:09 pm

Unless it's an Israeli travel consolidator I can't figure out what Israeli company would be sending people to Florence.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
New Iberia business class from TLV

Our partner Iberia has recently introduced a brand new Airbus A330-300 aircraft on the Tel Aviv Madrid route. It operates two of thirteen weekly flights with this aircraft and will add a third flight per week from September.

Whether your final destination is Madrid or you are connecting onwards to one of Iberias 24 destinations in America, including Buenos Aires, Bogota, Mexico, Montevideo, Panama, Sao Paulo, Miami and New York, we can now guarantee you an even more comfortable flight.

The new A330 aircraft offers two cabins. In Business Class the seats recline into fully 2 metres long flat beds, with direct access to the aisle and more space and privacy, while in Economy, the seats are ergonomic, wider and with adjustable headrests. In both cabins you have access to Wi-Fi and GSM service for text messaging and can choose from a variety of entertainment programme viewable on individual screens.

In both cabins you will be served a complimentary meal service, including wine and other alcoholic beverages. The meals served to Business passengers have been created by four of the most renowned Spanish chefs and are accompanied by some of Spains most exquisite wines

So for your next travel to Madrid or to any destinations served by Iberia, we warmly invite you to experience the Latin flair and superior service that only our partner Iberia can offer you.

Months Days of the week that operate with the A330
Flight numbers: IB3316 / IB3317
April May June Wednesdays and Fridays
April May: 13 weekly flights weekly flights total
June: 14 weekly flights total
July - August Tuesdays and Wednesdays
July August: 15 weekly flights total
September - October Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays
September: 12 weekly flights total
October: 13 weekly flights total
Old May 5, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Semi OT: Cathay looking to fly TLV-HKG

Not sure if to put this in the sticky, so I'll leave the mods to decide on this one, although might deserve it's own thread...

Apparently CX reps were in Israel for discussions last week, with a view to starting the route middle of next year using their brand new A350s.

If this happens it is absolutely fantastic news, and I just cannot imagine how LY is supposed to compete with them (although they somehow manage on the YYZ route using a ageing 767, while AC use a brand new state of the art Dreamliner, with their new fantastic Biz product so who knows...).

http://www.tnet.org.il/sitefiles/1/2444/92209.asp
Old May 5, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: *A
In English for those who prefer. There will always be those who prefer LY.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Such good news. slowly LY is losing their grip on the market. it's great seeing healthy competition on the TLV route.

Don't get me wrong, I love LY but they desperately need to replace some parts of the ageing fleet and update their J and F class. The only way to force a company to change it's way is by competition.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I hope they do! Would be another great use of AA miles
Old May 5, 2015, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
Don't get me wrong, I love LY
I don't, not anymore anyway, because what is left to love exactly?
Old May 5, 2015, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I hope they do! Would be another great use of AA miles
Or BA (Avios).

I've flown CX in both J and F and thought they were fantastic.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
clubman, I agree CX is a great airline in all classes (F/J/Y included!!).

I think some of us are missing the bigger picture about EL AL, LY will never be CX, LH, SQ, EY etc... LY is not suppose to have the best hard or soft product, nor do they have to be the cheapest. LY is the lifeline of Israel, we are not living in a conflict free country. In case of a disaster or war do you really think we can count on foreign airlines? take the last conflict in Gaza for example.
I'm not saying that we should all fly EL AL for that reason alone regardless of price/schedule/other. I'm simply saying that one of the reasons I keep coming back to LY is their reliability when it comes to irregular situations. I find LY staff to be extremely helpful and flexible, that's why I love flying LY.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
clubman, I agree CX is a great airline in all classes (F/J/Y included!!).

I think some of us are missing the bigger picture about EL AL, LY will never be CX, LH, SQ, EY etc... LY is not suppose to have the best hard or soft product, nor do they have to be the cheapest. LY is the lifeline of Israel, we are not living in a conflict free country. In case of a disaster or war do you really think we can count on foreign airlines? take the last conflict in Gaza for example.
I'm not saying that we should all fly EL AL for that reason alone regardless of price/schedule/other. I'm simply saying that one of the reasons I keep coming back to LY is their reliability when it comes to irregular situations. I find LY staff to be extremely helpful and flexible, that's why I love flying LY.
I agree with your premise that EL AL is the lifeline of Israel and therefore needs to be preserved. What I completely disagree with is the erroneous notion that EL AL cannot be turned into a first rate airline. Since TLV, on a seat per mile basis, is one of the most profitable routes in the industry, LY could easily be turned into a first rate and extremely profitable carrier. The problem is that the company was never restructured for industry competition after it was privatized, and is weighed down by huge debt loads, outdated legacy contracts, and ineffective management (which we have discussed on this forum at great length).

Should those issues be resolved, EL AL could easily become one of the leading airlines in the world and greatly expand the size and scope of it's operations. That sort of expansion will have the added effect of solidifying the lifeline EL AL is for Israel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.