Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:10 am

CSA is dropping TLV

Per Calcalist (in Hebrew), CSA Czech airlines will be forced to drop TLV as it is being replcaed by LCC Smartwings as the official Czech carrier on the route on Oct 30th.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by apirchik
Per Calcalist (in Hebrew), CSA Czech airlines will be forced to drop TLV as it is being replcaed by LCC Smartwings as the official Czech carrier on the route on Oct 30th.
Why is there only one "official" airline flying from the Czech Republic?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Decision of Czech ministiry of transport.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:25 pm

Probably an aviation agreement between the 2 countries allowing only 1 carrier from each side to do scheduled flights so each local government can choose only one "official" carrier.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:44 pm

Transport ministiry given ELAL authorisation to operate 4th daily flight to Eilat.

http://ladaat.net/buy.php?do=viewbuy&buyid=3025
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ELAL
Transport ministiry given ELAL authorisation to operate 4th daily flight to Eilat.

http://ladaat.net/buy.php?do=viewbuy&buyid=3025
You beat me to it!

Globes also reported that he would ban LY from offering discounted fares to international pax. While I understand the competitive nature in that, it goes against general airline pricing around the glove.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:15 am

Haartez reporting that "Turkish charter airlines cancel weekly Israel flights", dueto the backdrop of the crisis in relations between the two counties and the rise in canceled reservations for travel to Turkey.

Also reporting that Elal has contingency plans that would address the possibility that Turkey would bar the Israeli carrier from overflying Turkish territory.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ELAL
Haartez reporting that "Turkish charter airlines cancel weekly Israel flights", dueto the backdrop of the crisis in relations between the two counties and the rise in canceled reservations for travel to Turkey.

Also reporting that Elal has contingency plans that would address the possibility that Turkey would bar the Israeli carrier from overflying Turkish territory.
Not major in terms of what commercial pax are seeking until TK announces anything, if they do.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:30 am

Delta won't be restarting Atlanta flights as they had originally planned.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like they don't plan on restarting it at all.

I was always surprised that DL had the traffic to justify ATL-TLV
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by apirchik
Like a bad penny (or a shekel?), CSA never left.

Apparently, they negotiated a last-minute agreement with the respective government organizations, and will continue to fly PRG-TLV.

In additon, CSA (OK) mentioned they will start BTS-TLV (though probably not daily). I don't believe that route has launched yet.

I'm glad to keep a Skyteam partner in TLV.
PS - their award availability to PRG is excellent from TLV!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:36 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Sounds like they don't plan on restarting it at all.

I was always surprised that DL had the traffic to justify ATL-TLV
Feeder route along with traffic between Israeli hitech companies to Atlanta customers.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Feeder route along with traffic between Israeli hitech companies to Atlanta customers.
Is there a big hi-tech industry in Atlanta?

As for feeder traffic, fair point. However, with all the traffic in NYC (2x daily to EWR on CO + 1x daily (min) in LY; 1x daily on DL to JFK + 3x daily (min) on LY, on top of US to PHL,) ATL just felt such a random city. But point well taken. It is the US's largest airport, and DL's main connecting (as well as overall) hub.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: co AA ua
Too bad

Is there a big hi-tech industry in Atlanta?

As for feeder traffic, fair point. However, with all the traffic in NYC (2x daily to EWR on CO + 1x daily (min) in LY; 1x daily on DL to JFK + 3x daily (min) on LY, on top of US to PHL,) ATL just felt such a random city. But point well taken. It is the US's largest airport, and DL's main connecting (as well as overall) hub.
ATL was my favourite connecting point to TLV from Chicago. I do not like JFK and took this flight 5 times ORD-TLV via ATL. I like EL AL service, but connecting via JFK is a nightmare, switching terminals, airlines etc.

It used to be one of Delta's most profitable routes. So this is a surprise. Last summer it was more expansive to book via ATL vs via JFK on delta.

I guess that ATL-TLV demise means also that United or American will not start any time soon a nonstop flight from Chicago to Tel-Aviv.

Erez
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ehartal
ATL was my favourite connecting point to TLV from Chicago. I do not like JFK and took this flight 5 times ORD-TLV via ATL. I like EL AL service, but connecting via JFK is a nightmare, switching terminals, airlines etc.

It used to be one of Delta's most profitable routes. So this is a surprise. Last summer it was more expansive to book via ATL vs via JFK on delta.

I guess that ATL-TLV demise means also that United or American will not start any time soon a nonstop flight from Chicago to Tel-Aviv.

Erez
There have been rumors about UA starting ORD-TLV service, but that doesn't sound likely, at least not now. (It's known that LY wants to re-start their TLV-MIA service, though I feel that would be even more of a hassle to connect than JFK. You can always connect in EWR on LY, or better yet on UA, as, eventually, all CO/UA flights will be Terminal C, so no change in terminal, regardless of which airline you're on. Still, you can take CO from ORD-EWR-TLV, no terminal change, and truth is, not terrible at all, regardless of what you might see on the UA/CO board.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.