Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
For that matter, is it really such a big deal to Install proper J class á la Air Serbia.
In terms of future aircraft utilisation EU J makes a lot of financial sense.
US and EU carriers take a different approach concerning their "premium" cabin on short and medium haul flights, the domestic market in the US is very heavy with regular business pax, historically legacy carriers always considered domestic F as an incentive for FF (free upgrades) which works great for them. In the EU they have an excellent railway system which drives a lot of business pax away from the skies, since the 80's legacy EU carriers agreed to simultaneously drop domestic F and offer a "flex Y+ product" aimed at business pax, today some airlines have dropped even that since the low cost market is driving everyone done in terms of pricing.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Looks like CX is pulling out of DOH and leaving the market to OW partner QR. I assume TLV could similarly work on the 333 or would it be pushing the range?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
Really sad about SAS. They have a right schedule for weekend trips and great flexible SAS+ fares. Meals, CPH lounge are good. On CPH-TLV section a SAS+ seat usually means that the whole row is available.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
easyJet closing the TLV-FCO route in March (as they dwindle their own FCO operations). Meanwhile, they began TLV-AMS today

easyJet to close Tel Aviv-Rome route - Globes (English)
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Wow - can't beat this deal - or was the Yediot reporter dictating this article over a cell phone and someone heard "free weekly flights" instead of "three weekly flights" ?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...714925,00.html

British low-cost airline easyJet will launch its new Amsterdam-Tel Aviv route next week, just several days after Scandinavian Airlines decided to end its service from Copenhagen to Tel Aviv due to the political instability in Israel.

The first easyJet flight on the new route will take off on Monday, October 26. The company will offer free weekly flights between Israel and the Dutch capital on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Silver, SPG Gold
Pegasus launches Istanbul-Ovda flights (3/week) starting 2015-12-01:

Pegasus Airlines starting 01DEC15 is offering new service to Israel, as it plans Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen – Ovda launch. The airline plans to operate 3 weekly flights with Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

PC772 SAW2130 – 0005+1VDA 738 247
PC773 VDA0400 – 0630SAW 738 135
Source: http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/05/pc-sawvda-dec15/
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Wow - that's interesting - easy connections to Eilat from Europe!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:48 am

I guess the timing of the flight so late in the evening is to allow for european connecting flights, but who would want to land at OVDA airport after midnight? So that you can check into your hotel room in Eilat at 2AM?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3*G
today was the first Ryanair landing at VDA.

in Hebrew - http://ladaat.info/article.aspx?artid=23287
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by nombody
I guess the timing of the flight so late in the evening is to allow for european connecting flights, but who would want to land at OVDA airport after midnight? So that you can check into your hotel room in Eilat at 2AM?
The same people who will be checking out on the return at 0100
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:27 am

I'm assuming these flights are all going to move to the new Timna airport when it opens, which is only 20-30 mins from Eilat. I often take flights to TLV from Europe that land around midnight so not all that different as it takes me 25-30 minutes to get home in a cab at that hour.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by NYTA
I'm assuming these flights are all going to move to the new Timna airport when it opens, which is only 20-30 mins from Eilat. I often take flights to TLV from Europe that land around midnight so not all that different as it takes me 25-30 minutes to get home in a cab at that hour.
But you are not a tourist in TLV
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:51 pm

Aeroflot increasing to 37 flights weekly to Israel

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-a...ons-1001080302

Aeroflot increasing to 4 daily flights TLV to Moscow Shermetyevo (from 2)
and 1 daily flight to St. Petersburg and 2 weekly flights to Rostov
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:02 pm

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-a...ons-1001080302

Aeroflot increasing to 4 daily flights TLV to Moscow Shermetyevo (from 2)
and 1 daily flight to St. Petersburg and 2 weekly flights to Rostov
I guess they are cancelling Sinai flights now.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:14 am

Actually it seems more like replacements for the Transaero flights that are now gone. It will be interesting if they start offering flights to Ovda as well for Eilat as that would be a replacement for the Sinai flights.

Israel is a popular destinations for Russian-Americans who want to do family reunions as family members from America and Russia can all get to Israel without a visa required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.