Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
I think it's slowly getting time for a Star Alliance lounge at TLV

On another note, it looks like LH has reduced capacity on their FRA-TLV-FRA route; the day flight LH686/7 is not anymore operated by a B744 instead of A343 / A346
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by LXA350
I think it's slowly getting time for a Star Alliance lounge at TLV

On another note, it looks like LH has reduced capacity on their FRA-TLV-FRA route; the day flight LH686/7 is not anymore operated by a B744 instead of A343 / A346
That time has been there for a while. *A has enough operations at all times of the day in TLV - they are some of the first (A343 for LX and 744/A346 for LH) and some of the last (A332 for US and 772 for UA), and they fill the day with LX, LH, LO, OS, SN, UA, AC, TK, and a bunch more. I wonder what percentage of ex-TLV flights are *A.
No reason *A shouldn't add a lounge, and even priority screening if possible (though truthfully, not so necessary)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by NYTA
It's a start, but they should have put them on Sunday/Friday instead of Saturday/Thursday. They also should have spaced them out a little further - a 9am and an 11:30 aren't all that helpful on scheduling, although they may be restricted by the fact that they always do out-back the same day and therefore probably don't do any overnight flights.
Extra flights are mon and thu (Shabbos wouldn't make much sense to TLV). Any reason why they can't do overnight?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by sds1493
Extra flights are mon and thu (Shabbos wouldn't make much sense to TLV). Any reason why they can't do overnight?
I was talking to one of the Easyjet flight attendants on my last flight with them and was told that they never overnight anywhere - only out and back same day so that they always sleep at home. I guess this is one way they cut costs. I suppose they could theoretically do an overnight followed by a return in the early morning, but not sure I'd want to be a passenger on the return with a sleepy flight crew.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was talking to one of the Easyjet flight attendants on my last flight with them and was told that they never overnight anywhere - only out and back same day so that they always sleep at home. I guess this is one way they cut costs. I suppose they could theoretically do an overnight followed by a return in the early morning, but not sure I'd want to be a passenger on the return with a sleepy flight crew.
If the time on the ground wasn't too long and they slept before the initial flight, they probably wouldn't be so sleepy on the return flight
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by joshwex90
If the time on the ground wasn't too long and they slept before the initial flight, they probably wouldn't be so sleepy on the return flight
Brussels Airlines leave TLV at 01:20, with the same flight crew as the inbound flight.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ELAL
Brussels Airlines leave TLV at 01:20, with the same flight crew as the inbound flight.
That's not an overnight
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:29 am

That's not an overnight
I don't see uhh difference between a flight departing homebase at 22:00 arriving back at 08:00, and a flight (as Brussels airlines) leaving at 19:00 arriving back at 05.15
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see uhh difference between a flight departing homebase at 22:00 arriving back at 08:00, and a flight (as Brussels airlines) leaving at 19:00 arriving back at 05.15
I'm sorry, I think I may have been confused - I thought the implication was U2 never flies to an outstation, and parks the plan overnight.
Regardless, I don't get what the connection to SN is
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:39 am

The discussion was going in the direction if crew flying the return leg straight away on a overnight flight, are too tired to give proper service.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
The discussion was going in the direction if crew flying the return leg straight away on a overnight flight, are too tired to give proper service.
Although I'm pretty sure they sell Red Bull on Easyjet flights, so maybe they could use it for the crew
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:12 am

Easyjet starting twice weekly Manchester flights from 01/11/12
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
LY's loss will be EasyJet's gain I guess...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
LY's loss will be EasyJet's gain I guess...
Did LY have that route once?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And in English: easyJet announces Tel Aviv-Manchester flights - Globes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.