Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 27, 16, 1:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gordo6
Wiki Link
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 18, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis Chairman, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Wizz going from 10 to 12 weekly to BUD

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-w...ute-1001262630
Old Nov 29, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Fairmont
Originally Posted by travel agent View Post
air transat cancelled all flights to TLV
Source?
Old Nov 29, 18, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Vietnam airlines starting twice weekly flights Hanoi-TLV

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-vietnam-airlines-to-launch-tel-aviv-hanoi-flights-1001262727

ly787 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 18, 10:20 am

Sde Dov Airport

https://hamodia.com/2018/11/29/inste...international/

Already mentioned the TUS flights to Larnaca previously. But I think the statement by MKs that Ben Gurion has no capacity to absorb the handful of flights that Sde Dov has is ridiculous. One need only look at the arrivals / departures board at Ben Gurion airport to see huge gaps between flights on the timetables (granted the arrivals/departure boards don't show cargo and general aviation traffic at Ben Gurion but there's still a lot of open timeslots).
Old Nov 29, 18, 5:17 pm

Sde Dov is 100+ flights a week. That is actually a lot to absorb. They should not only keep Sde Dov open, they should expand regional flights out of the airport. If you can fly E-190/195 aircraft out of it, I see no reason why they don't expand service to seasonal destinations like Antalya, various Greek Isles, and Black Sea resorts like Varna, Burgas, and Batumi. Perhaps even year round service to Athens.
BATLV likes this.
Old Dec 4, 18, 2:43 am

Air transat cancels Tel Aviv-Montreal route

Old Dec 6, 18, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by sabbasolo View Post
Google a bit and you will see the identical story about Singapore Airlines flights from a year ago. No mention in SQ forums here, or in routesonline.com etc. If indeed they are checking out hotel prices, it could mean they are evaluating the cost of such a route.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but if it happens, it would be great and would compete with CX and put price pressure on both on fares to Australia.
Good luck for SQ to be able to offer decent catering meeting their stndards out of TLV. It's just disgusting how bad the catering companies in TLV and their offering to the foreign airlines. It's also not understandable to me how this is possible, since Tel Aviv has some of the most amazing Restaurants on global level
entropy and BATLV like this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Actually,the best airline meal I had ever was on lufthansa (in F) departing TLV. It was fantastic, great meat, vegetables, and local Israeli cheeses,
Old Dec 8, 18, 12:50 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
Good luck for SQ to be able to offer decent catering meeting their stndards out of TLV. It's just disgusting how bad the catering companies in TLV and their offering to the foreign airlines. It's also not understandable to me how this is possible, since Tel Aviv has some of the most amazing Restaurants on global level
Whilst Israel (and specifically Tel Aviv) may offer many great restaurants, the industrial catering in Israel is appalling. That will be the determining factor in any airline catering options.
BATLV likes this.
Old Yesterday, 6:39 am

El Al to start weekly flight to Las Vegas

http://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1001264099

Ok, who would have thought Las Vegas would be the next US destination for direct flights ?

El Al will add a once a week nonstop flight to Las Vegas starting in June 2019, thanks in part to a 250K Euro grant from the tourism ministry for starting flights to new destinations.
Old Yesterday, 6:42 am

Air Europa cancels Madrid-Eilat (Ovda) route

https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5423016,00.html
​​​​​​
Very low passenger volume is the cause. The line only ran for one month.
Old Yesterday, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz Gold #1 etc...
Originally Posted by nombody View Post

Ok, who would have thought Las Vegas would be the next US destination for direct flights ?

El Al will add a once a week nonstop flight to Las Vegas starting in June 2019, thanks in part to a 250K Euro grant from the tourism ministry for starting flights to new destinations.
I think this deserves its own thread
Old Yesterday, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by clubman View Post

I think this deserves its own thread
The flights will leave Israel on Friday morning and arrive in Las Vegas before noon Friday. The return flights leave Saturday nights at 11:45pm and arrive Sunday afternoon in Tel Aviv. I'm guessing there will be a big "bachelor party weekend" contingent flying on these flights. Plus convention travelers as well, although the once a week frequency might limit the potential a bit (on the other hand when I had to work at a convention in Vegas, my wife joined me for the Friday after the convention plus the weekend).
Old Yesterday, 12:30 pm

Programs: *A
The flights will leave Israel on Friday morning and arrive in Las Vegas before noon Friday. The return flights leave Saturday nights at 11:45pm and arrive Sunday afternoon in Tel Aviv. I'm guessing there will be a big "bachelor party weekend" contingent flying on these flights. Plus convention travelers as well, although the once a week frequency might limit the potential a bit (on the other hand when I had to work at a convention in Vegas, my wife joined me for the Friday after the convention plus the weekend).
There is also the possibility of an open jaw to LA. That opens up a west coast fly-drive trip.
Old Today, 2:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis Chairman, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5423016,00.html
​​​​​​
Very low passenger volume is the cause. The line only ran for one month.
I had either never heard of this one or not remembered it so it's no wonder. Seems like an odd choice anyway. Not a lot of Spaniards who would want to visit Eilat - they should just add another TLV frequency.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: