Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Easyjet to offer connections to US with Virgin Atlantic

https://www.mako.co.il/travel-news/i...8583661006.htm

Easyjet will offer combined tickets with Virgin Atlantic connecting at Gatwick to destinations in the US. So you will be able to buy a TLV-EWR ticket on Easyjet with a connection in Gatwick.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by nombody
https://www.mako.co.il/travel-news/i...8583661006.htm

Easyjet will offer combined tickets with Virgin Atlantic connecting at Gatwick to destinations in the US. So you will be able to buy a TLV-EWR ticket on Easyjet with a connection in Gatwick.
How will baggage work? U2 policy or VS policy?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by joshwex90
How will baggage work? U2 policy or VS policy?
Will also be interesting to see who pays EC261 Compensation when there's a missed connection
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
Will also be interesting to see who pays EC261 Compensation when there's a missed connection
Why would it be different than any other combination of code-share flights? e.g. AF/KL/AZ followed by a DL flight.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:29 am

Norwegian Air International in winter 2018/19 season further expands planned service to Israel, as the airline schedules Helsinki – Tel Aviv route. From 03NOV18 to 30MAR19, Boeing 737-800 aircraft will operate this route once a week on Saturdays.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:20 am

Israir and Arkia add SDV-LCA flights

Both Arkia and Israir are launching flights from Tel Aviv Sde Dov to Larnaca. Prices are probably a bit of a premium due to the "convenience" of flying from Sde Dov. Anyway having more operators on this route should only help prices go down.

https://www.calcalist.co.il/local/articles/0,7340,L-3747234,00.html
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:27 am

Norwegian adds flights to Oslo and Helsinki

Originally Posted by Goldpeter
Norwegian Air International in winter 2018/19 season further expands planned service to Israel, as the airline schedules Helsinki – Tel Aviv route. From 03NOV18 to 30MAR19, Boeing 737-800 aircraft will operate this route once a week on Saturdays.
https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5365008,00.html
Flights to/from Helsinki/TLV once a week on Saturdays and flights to/from Oslo/Tlv once a week on Wednesdays.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:16 am

https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5365008,00.html
Flights to/from Helsinki/TLV once a week on Saturdays and flights to/from Oslo/Tlv once a week on Wednesdays.
Saturdays! They don't seem to understand this market very well. Bad for business travelers, bad for religious people. Bad all around.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:18 am

Both Arkia and Israir are launching flights from Tel Aviv Sde Dov to Larnaca. Prices are probably a bit of a premium due to the "convenience" of flying from Sde Dov. Anyway having more operators on this route should only help prices go down.

https://www.calcalist.co.il/local/ar...747234,00.html
Just in time for Sde Dov to be closed. How convenient.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:24 am

Saturdays! They don't seem to understand this market very well. Bad for business travelers, bad for religious people. Bad all around.
Why is it bad for business PAX considering the business week in Israel starts on a Sunday?
I suspect the target audience is not business PAX nor religious jews, I doubt many Israeli tourists would like to go to the nordics in winter to begin with.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: A3*G
ryanair adding FMM twice weekly
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
Why is it bad for business PAX considering the business week in Israel starts on a Sunday?
I suspect the target audience is not business PAX nor religious jews, I doubt many Israeli tourists would like to go to the nordics in winter to begin with.
I think Israel has one of the highest % of citizens that vacation abroad at least once a year so ignoring this group is a mistake. If they want to get the business travelers the flight should be on Sunday. While plenty of business people will leave for overseas trips on Saturday night or Sunday, almost none will leave on a Saturday - religious or not. I'm flying this Sunday to Europe for Monday meetings - my personal view is that if an airline is going to do a once a week flight it should either be on Sundays to pick up the outgoing business travelers or Thursdays/Fridays to get the incoming ones. One day can make a big difference in terms of yields.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Both Arkia and Israir are launching flights from Tel Aviv Sde Dov to Larnacal
The number of airlines doing the Tel-Aviv - Cyprus route is astonishing. It wasn't that long ago that the only option on the route was Cyprus Airways (after LY pulled out), and now there are 8 carriers doing it. Shame only Ryanair are doing Paphos though.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by clubman
The number of airlines doing the Tel-Aviv - Cyprus route is astonishing. It wasn't that long ago that the only option on the route was Cyprus Airways (after LY pulled out), and now there are 8 carriers doing it. Shame only Ryanair are doing Paphos though.
Someone could make a killing selling organized day-trip packages with buses taking you shopping at Jumbo, the malls, and a Spa or beach.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:46 am

I think Israel has one of the highest % of citizens that vacation abroad at least once a year so ignoring this group is a mistake.
No doubt about that, but again how many of those would go to the Nordics in winter time?
My impression is that most of those will travel during summer/jewish holidays, none which takes place between 03NOV18 to 30MAR19

If they want to get the business travelers the flight should be on Sunday. While plenty of business people will leave for overseas trips on Saturday night or Sunday, almost none will leave on a Saturday - religious or not. I'm flying this Sunday to Europe for Monday meetings - my personal view is that if an airline is going to do a once a week flight it should either be on Sundays to pick up the outgoing business travelers or Thursdays/Fridays to get the incoming ones. One day can make a big difference in terms of yields.
Yes, for business PAX flying to Europe I agree, but for business PAX flying to Israel?
Somehow I don't see (m)any business PAX flying DY and connecting in Helsinki to go to anywhere else than Helsinki itself.

To me this sounds like most of the PAX will be tourists from the Nordics to Israel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.