Carbon passports

Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
Carbon passports are a way to limit travel and make tourism more equitable and sustainable.
LOL. The methane cloud from this pile of manure will
contribute more to climate change than my travel will.

Our moronic “Special Presidential Envoy for Climate” travels around the world via private jets for climate summits but *I* need to limit my travel with the limited time I get off? Yea, hard pass. And you know why? Because I’m sure those who shout the loudest that we need this will work in exemptions for themselves or tell us they buy “offsets” and middle class and even some poor people, for whom travel is becoming more accessible, will be screwed (as well as the people who work in the tourism industry and/or live in areas that rely heavily on tourism also being negatively impacted).

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Mar 18, 2024 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:18 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I support the concept, but I suspect there would be carve outs for those contributing the most toward climate change that would make it meaningless and unfairly put the burden and guilt on average citizens, unfortunately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.