Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

No available flight for the next four days but only provided accomodation overnight

No available flight for the next four days but only provided accomodation overnight

Old Aug 28, 23, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Sorry if that's a stupid question, I have tried all the documentation on this but could not find a example this case was covered. My flight from Athens to LGW was cancelled today and I have received a link to manage the disruption. The earliest replacement flight they could provide was on 1 SEP, which I took. But I now I am surprised to find out that easyjet is only providing me overnight accommodation. Can I expense my accommodation costs for the remaining days to easyJet? If they refuse to pay you'd reckon that I have a case to bring this to the small claims court?

Last edited by fy_eugene; Aug 28, 23 at 3:31 pm Reason: Headline typo
Old Aug 28, 23, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by fy_eugene
Sorry if that's a stupid question, I have tried all the documentation on this but could not find a example this case was covered. My flight from Athens to LGW was cancelled today and I have received a link to manage the disruption. The earliest replacement flight they could provide was on 1 SEP, which I took. But I now I am surprised to find out that easyjet is only providing me overnight accommodation. Can I expense my accommodation costs for the remaining days to easyJet? If they refuse to pay you'd reckon that I have a case to bring this to the small claims court?
Yes. For example, see:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61646214

In the first instance try to call them tomorrow to get the accommodation extended (and to task for an earlier flight back). But ultimately if they make themselves difficult to contact / make inadequate arrangements, you can and should take matters into your own hands.
Old Aug 28, 23, 4:22 pm

Also, see https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boar...-cancellations

It includes details about hotel refunds, as well as if you want to get back sooner -
If your flight has been cancelled, we will try to get you an easyJet flight to your final destination within 24 hours of your original flight.

You can search for available flights and choose which one you want to transfer on to on Manage Bookings

If there are no easyJet flights available to get you to your destination within 24 hours, you have the option to transfer to another airline, take a train, bus, or hire a car.
Old Aug 30, 23, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
With EasyJet it is best to take matters into your own hands and then claim reimbursement from them afterwards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.