Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

MAN-CDG Cancelled 25 June - Runway Debris?

Old Jul 17, 23, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Hate to add to the list of canceled flight posts in this forum, but have checked quite a few of the most recent ones and have yet to see if there's any good way to validate U2's response re: this flight before heading to ADR.

Specifically, in reply to my UK261 claim, easyJet says there was "debris on the runway" which pushed them into CDG curfew. Obviously it's anecdotal, but very few (if any) other flights at MAN around the same time were cancelled (my wife's AY flight to DUB went out just fine) so after reading numerous examples of the airline's bad faith and falsely blaming ATC on this forum, I'm inclined to move on to external recourse:

Our assessment of your claim

To further explain what happened on the day; an earlier tech issue caused by debris on the runway pushed the flight into air traffic control restrictions substantially regulated the air space, which resulted in the aircraft waiting for air space slots to operate. This delay resulted in your flight going into the night curfew which meant we had no option but to cancel your flight. We do take reasonable measures to avoid delays and cancellations to our flights by having replacement crews and spare aircraft available in our network. However, in the circumstances, these options would not have helped as your flight was cancelled due to air traffic control restriction and missing curfew in Paris.

The Regulation

When we have to disrupt a flight due to circumstances outside of our control, the flight is classified under the Regulation as being affected by extraordinary circumstances.
Is there any reliable way to check on this? I've got ExpertFlyer but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 23, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Lasvegasgamer

Is there any reliable way to check on this? I've got ExpertFlyer but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!
https://www.euclaim.com/free-flight-check
Old Jul 18, 23, 5:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Greetings from Las Vegas!

I travelled from MAN that day and the runway was closed for about 30 minutes after a Jet2 aircraft rejected take off. This was around 16:00, my flight was delayed about 40 minutes in departing. Unless there were weather restrictions (or strikes) affecting ATC flow over/on route to France I can’t see how they would miss curfew.

That said, I’m sure a friends flight inbound from Greece/Turkey was delayed 3 hours that day initially because of the RWY closure and subsequent ATC restrictions.
Old Jul 24, 23, 5:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Lasvegasgamer
Specifically, in reply to my UK261 claim, easyJet says there was "debris on the runway" which pushed them into CDG curfew
Wait... There is no curfew at CDG (contrarily to ORY).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.