Easyjet extra legroom seats

Old Jan 24, 20, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
Cancelled

Last edited by AJCNL; Jan 24, 20 at 5:59 am Reason: I misread the question
Old Jan 24, 20, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by yonatan View Post
Thanks so much! Based on the seatmap Easyjet was showing me, I was under the false impression that there was no bulkhead in front of Row 1 until your posts set me straight! Is there an easy way to tell from a seat map if I'll be on an A320 or A320neo?

I wanted to make sure I understood that your reference to being able to get out of 1A with some yoga applies specifically to the A320?

In rows 12/13, would it be harder/impossible to get out of the window seat without making my seatmates get up?

Thanks again!
Unfortunately there is no way of telling if your flight is operated on NEO or CEO by seat map. There never used to be bulkhead in row 1ABC but EZY decided to increase seat count to 186 on their A320, so they started retrofitting all of their old A320, one of the enchantments was that they installed bulkhead on all retrofitted A320 (and on all new deliveries). Retrofit programme is still in progress on OE- registered a/c hence sometimes you might be lucky and have OE- a/c even in the UK but it does seem to be very rare and mostly only during IRROPS.
My yoga comment was for non bulkhead A320 (and even more so on A319). On the a/c with bulkhead in row 1 it is easier to get out from 1A as these are set slightly further back and the emergency slide does not protrude into your space. You will still need to be careful not to thread on peoples toes.
Rows 12/13 are impossible to get out without disturbing people. I think I am flying on their A320 in few days so leave it with me and I will try and snap a pic for you.
Old Jan 24, 20, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
It's less likely to get lost if they gate check it, as it goes directly from the gate (or even the plane in some cases) to the baggage loaders. There is no charge.

I really wish EasyJet would allow the option to check your cabin bags for free before the gate, They charge £8 (I think) at the moment.
You used to be able to do this; they were always looking for volunteers. Unfortunately with the introduction of hands free (understandably) they stopped this as it would not make sense to run both options simultaneously.
The current price of hands free is £7 so if you do fly a lot and you would like to check in small bag at check in, it is worth getting SIM only 3 mobile pay monthly deal (the cheapest I could find was £5) as with 3 you get free hands free on flights leaving the UK and on all domestic flights.
Old Jan 24, 20, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lehovec View Post
I think I am flying on their A320 in few days so leave it with me and I will try and snap a pic for you.
You'll have my eternal gratitude if you manage to do that!
Old Jan 25, 20, 2:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
It's less likely to get lost if they gate check it, as it goes directly from the gate (or even the plane in some cases) to the baggage loaders. There is no charge.

I really wish EasyJet would allow the option to check your cabin bags for free before the gate, They charge £8 (I think) at the moment.
Is it still three ex-UK with mobile operator Three?
Old Feb 3, 20, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

lehovec very kindly followed through on his offer to take some pictures of the bulkhead and exit row seats on a UK-based A320, and to help other flyertalkers, I'm uploading his pictures here for everyone's reference:

Old Feb 21, 20, 2:27 pm

A320 with186 seats bulkhead guaranteed?

So if the A320 has 31 full rows (186 seats) means that there will be a bulkhead in 1a,b and c?
Old Feb 22, 20, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Siropo View Post
So if the A320 has 31 full rows (186 seats) means that there will be a bulkhead in 1a,b and c?
Yes if your flight is operated bt the UK based aircraft.
50/50 chance if operated by oe- aircraft.
what is the route?
Old Feb 22, 20, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by lehovec View Post
Yes if your flight is operated bt the UK based aircraft.
50/50 chance if operated by oe- aircraft.
what is the route?
GVA - LIS
Old Feb 23, 20, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Siropo View Post
GVA - LIS
Looking at the schedule this route seems to be operate by eaay Swiss. I believe (90% certain) that all of their A320s have been converted to space flex cabin which indeed includes the installation of bulkhead.

Search this Thread