Dollar 8 Seater Minivan - MCO

Old Aug 17, 09, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BD*G, UA 3P, VS Silver
Dollar 8 Seater Minivan - MCO

Hi All,

Is there anyone that is able to confirm which vehicles Dollar use at MCO for 8 Seater minivans. I was hoping for a Toyota Sienna, but not sure whether Dollar use these?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Aug 17, 09, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've discovered that most of the time renting from Dollar nets a Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town and Country. You may get lucky though.
Old Aug 17, 09, 9:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Have you confirmed with someone at MCO that they have 8-seater vans? The website only shows one class of minivans and states it'll seat a minimum of 7 people. I'd check to see if they have 8-seaters available if you absolutely need to carry 8 people. To answer your question, I'm almost certain it would be a Toyota Sienna as I think it's the only minivan available in the US with an 8-passenger configuration. I could be wrong but I don't think any of the other minivans that Dollar would carry can hold more than 7 people.
Old Aug 18, 09, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Most minivans in the U.S. are 7-seaters, not 8-seaters. The Grand Caravan and Town and Country are both 7-passenger vans.

I'd check VERY carefully before assuming you'll be getting a vehicle big enough for 8--unless you have some information already that makes you think you'll be getting a larger van, I'd assume you'd get a Grand Caravan or Town and Country (things are starting to change, but Dodge and Chrysler are still by far the biggest suppliers for Dollar).

I believe I found and posted the direct number for the MCO location. You might be able to find it in one of my previous posts in this forum. If not, remind me and I'll see if I can dig it up and repost it.
Old Aug 19, 09, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BD*G, UA 3P, VS Silver
Thanks Jackal - Further Help Please!

Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Most minivans in the U.S. are 7-seaters, not 8-seaters. The Grand Caravan and Town and Country are both 7-passenger vans.

I'd check VERY carefully before assuming you'll be getting a vehicle big enough for 8--unless you have some information already that makes you think you'll be getting a larger van, I'd assume you'd get a Grand Caravan or Town and Country (things are starting to change, but Dodge and Chrysler are still by far the biggest suppliers for Dollar).

I believe I found and posted the direct number for the MCO location. You might be able to find it in one of my previous posts in this forum. If not, remind me and I'll see if I can dig it up and repost it.
Hi,

I have been doing a bit of digging around, and it would seem as if they use E350 vans, which could have anything upto 16 seats!!! Esentially driving around in a minibus.

I have booked the car hire as part of a Virgin holiday. We would have been allocated a 7 seater as standard with the number of people in our party, however I thought I would upgrade prior to going to an 8 seater as I thought it might give us a bit of extra space.

After seeing that we might get a minibus, I tried calling Virgin to change my car to a premium SUV with 7 seats, however they told me that Dollar have taken these "off sale" at Orlando up until Dec 31st, and we go in November??

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do, or what the standard upgrade fee would be at the desk if I changed my allocation back to a 7 seater van, and then tried to upgrade to a premium SUV (should they have one) when I arrive.

Thanks again for any help,

Search this Thread