FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting-422/)
-   -   Express at LAS & Dollar grace period (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting/952793-express-las-dollar-grace-period.html)

isles1 May 11, 2009 7:42 am

Express at LAS & Dollar grace period

1. First time Express renter at LAS. Is there a verification process (similar to Avis Preferred first time use) or can I simply go to the Express booth in the garage with my license, credit card, etc.?

I have an Avis rental at $5 less than the Dollar reservation, but would like to avoid waiting in line at Avis to verify my Preferred membership.

2. Also, it appears Dollar has no grace period:

"The renter will be charged for each hour and/or any part of an hour in excess of a rental day the renter keeps the vehicle until the vehicle is returned, up to the applicable daily rate."

Whereas my Avis rental agreement indicates I have a 2 hour grace. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Kdudley311 May 11, 2009 9:02 am

Dollar Express is the Way to Go!

Hello:

I rent from Dollar when in LAS. I will be there 5/17 - 21 and am renting from Dollar. Do you have your card yet? You just go down to the rental booth below, show them your card and the reservation and get your card. It's really fast, and definitely worth $5 more to avoid the lines! One of my little tricks (I always need a van in January because I'm on a girls' trip with 8-11). I usually rent with the "lock low and go" rate, and then slip the driver a $20 if necessary to get the van. I ask for a van first, and then if they hesitate, I slip them the $20. The default lock low and go car at LAS is a PT Cruiser (which have a lot of room if you've never been in one). I don't usually think about the late grace period, what I do is always put the return time the same as my flight time and then return it a little "early" according to the rental agreement. Accordingly, I have never run into that. Have fun on your trip! ^

isles1 May 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I received my Dollar Express card already. So there is no verification process the first time you use Express?

Any feedback on the grace period (or lack thereof)?

Thanks.

jackal May 17, 2009 4:44 am

Originally Posted by isles1 (Post 11730692)
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I received my Dollar Express card already. So there is no verification process the first time you use Express?

Any feedback on the grace period (or lack thereof)?

Thanks.

No verification with Express. But Express's service isn't quite as quick and smooth: you still have to sign the contract each time you pick up a car, but it should be pre-done before your arrival and they should get you out in 60 seconds or less. (IIRC, with Avis Preferred, you don't need to sign anything after your initial verification, which is why you need to do that initial verification.)

I've heard that corporate locations stopped doing the grace period, but I don't have any personal experience with trying to return when the grace period would take effect.

Mrp Alert Jan 15, 2010 3:21 am

The booth was backlogged 15 deep on my last LAS rental. I just went upstairs to the leftmost agent and was handled in 30 seconds for my Lock Low & Go. There were only a couple sedans on offer as it was a busy day. I ended up in a medium sized SUV by asking politely. IIRC, my rate was $12.08 / day :)

CMK10 Jan 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Good Express Experience

I arrived at LAS at 9:45 on Thursday 1/14. The line at the upstairs counter was about five or six people deep. I headed down to the Express booth and showed them my licence and credit card, they pulled my already printed contract and had my sign and I was on my way to picking my car withing a minute.

One of the best Dollar experiences I've had.

yscleo Jan 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert (Post 13185428)
IIRC, my rate was $12.08 / day :)

That is a great rate. How did you get that? We're going to Vegas Aug. 23. The rates I've seen are not too good.

Eujeanie Jan 22, 2010 6:27 pm

moved