Cars at MCI

Old May 9, 09, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Cars at MCI

Hi everybody,

out of curiosity, and because my husband LOVES cars (specially american cars), can anyone tell me what kind of cars we can expect with Dollar at the intermediate and full-size levels? I have a choice between Dollar and Alamo (the latter being slightly cheaper), so I'm posting the same question in the Alamo section.

Thanks!
Old May 9, 09, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
In general, Dollar has an affiliation with Chrysler. Therefore, you will likely see the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger as the midsize car and the Dodge Charger as the fullsize car.

However, Dollar is moving away from Chrysler (they just--prior to Chrysler's bankruptcy--negotiated a deal with Chrysler that frees them from the previous requirement that 75% of Dollar's fleet consist of Chrysler products. It hasn't had time to change the fleet mix very much, though, so you should still see primarily Dodge/Chrysler products for the near future.
Old May 10, 09, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Sounds good, and very American . From memory I think you pick your car in the category lot, so he'll certainly be a very happy fellow.
Thanks!

Search this Thread