Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Idiotic Customer Service Response on an Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Idiotic Customer Service Response on an Issue

Last weekend I picked up a car at PIT. The vehicle was a Nissan Altima with a 4 cylinder engine. I drove the car 72.2 miles before I stopped to get gas on the way back to the airport. I stopped at a gas station about three miles from PIT. I had to put in 6.155 gallons ($24) to fill the car up. Now, unless the Altima gets the gas mileage of an F-350, that means the car wasn't returned on full previously.

When I got back to PIT at 11:30 PM, there was no one there to check in vehicles. The lone Dollar agent at the counter handed me a rental folder and circled on the customer service phone number and refused to help me anymore. I called the number today and they said that because I had no proof of this, they couldn't help either. I said I had a gas receipt for over 6 gallons on a car with an average of 31 MPG (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find....n=sbs&id=32611) and the woman coldly told me "we don't know if you let it idle". I had the car under 12 hours, that struck me as a really inane retort. Apparently, the only thing I could have done was filled it up directly after leaving the airport and then showed that receipt. Because of all that, despite the fact that no one would help me at the time of return, they're not going to issue any refund.

What a waste, I spent as much on gas as I did on the rental when I drove under 80 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.