ONE agent in service at LAS last night

Old Apr 6, 14, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, UA Premier, AF Gold

Arrived at the LAS rental car center after a 24-hour initerary yesterday evening around 9:30pm.

One (yes, ONE) person working at the Dollar desk, and a line of 100 people.
No blame on the single person working there - you can't do more than work.
But obviously the station management needs to get their head examined.
So, decided to skip my rental car and take a cab to the hotel.

My first experience with Dollar ever, just wanted to give them a try. Not going to rent with them again.

Have rented more than 100 times with Alamo already, and literally never ever had a situation like that before. So: Back to Alamo it is.
Old Apr 9, 14, 11:09 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I live in town, and Dollar is known to always a nightmare at LAS. They are perpetually understaffed, and front line agents seem to require a manager's approval for every transaction. Dollar should be avoided at LAS unless there is a significant price difference.
Old Apr 9, 14, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If this isn't motivation to join Dollar Express I don't know what is.
Old Apr 9, 14, 4:58 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
If this isn't motivation to join Dollar Express I don't know what is.
+1

Only problem is, the last time I rented from Dollar @ LAS, the Express line wound around the garage with probably 75 people in it. Took almost an hour of standing in that god awful hot garage. At that point, I almost wished I had NOT been an express member, so at least I would have been waiting inside in the air conditioning, and maybe the line downstairs would have dissipated before I got there.
Old Jun 15, 14, 1:22 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite

Some of the smaller vendors at Las will price match if they have excess inventory. Otherwise, you can always try your luck at the Thrifty counter.
Old Jun 17, 14, 2:36 am

Programs: Gold 5*
When I got my car at LAS a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to have only 1 person in a queue in the garage (I am a DE member)...
However, by the time I picked the car I wanted, etc etc...
The queue in the garage was pretty big...
Dollar & Thrifty share the same agent most of the time, so those who queued at the main counter for 45 mins, would then queue for a further 30 mins+ in the garage!
My Dollar days are over...

Search this Thread