Adding an extra day to a reservation ?

Old Mar 27, 14, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Adding an extra day to a reservation ?

I currently have a reserved rental through Expedia. I got 3 days for a mid-size car in Pensacola, FL in July for 124.53 total inluding taxes. Booked it several months ago.

Ive decided to add an extra day on the front end of my vacation. However when looking for 1 day rentals or repricing the entire 4 day stay, the prices are way higher that what I already have reserved.

Anyone had any luck with contacting Dollar and adding a extra day at a previous priced quote ? My thought was ill book a single day at hopefully a reasonable rate, and then when i get to the counter to have them combine my reservation. My only fear is that they try to re-price my curent quote.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 14, 7:40 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Hookm36 View Post
I currently have a reserved rental through Expedia. I got 3 days for a mid-size car in Pensacola, FL in July for 124.53 total inluding taxes. Booked it several months ago.

Ive decided to add an extra day on the front end of my vacation. However when looking for 1 day rentals or repricing the entire 4 day stay, the prices are way higher that what I already have reserved.

Anyone had any luck with contacting Dollar and adding a extra day at a previous priced quote ? My thought was ill book a single day at hopefully a reasonable rate, and then when i get to the counter to have them combine my reservation. My only fear is that they try to re-price my curent quote.

Any and all help is appreciated.
I've done with Alamo and Avis. Worst case scenario if the price is higher or you are re quoted you can always tell them no and leave it as it is.
Old Mar 31, 14, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Did you just walk up to the counter and request it, or call and request it in advance ? Thanks

Search this Thread