Use Rental Car Shuttle without renting a car

Old Jan 17, 14, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Use Rental Car Shuttle without renting a car

Hello There,
I am going to be travelling to Johannesburg from San Francisco with a 2 1/2 hour stop in Washington-Dulles. Since this is my first time out of California, I would like to get a glimpse of another state (Virginia) So I was planning on taking a rental car shuttle to the facility and back, so I can see what part of Virginia looks like. Would this be possible (even if I tip the driver 10 bucks) ?

I am also flying home via Lagos and Houston. Would it also be possible to take a shuttle in Houston (for the same reason) I have 6 hours to spare in Houston
Old Jan 19, 14, 6:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Maybe I am missing the point. 2.5 hours gives you no time at all as you will need to get on the International Flight. In any case the Parking lots are in or near the Airport.
Old Jan 19, 14, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. 2.5 hours is not enough time to do anything which involves re-clearing security. And, what you propose doess.

2. There is nothing to see on the rental shuttle (or parking lot) loop other than what pretty much every other airport rental/parking area looks like.
Old Jan 20, 14, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*
You probably could anyways without telling the driver, although you won't really see much except some trees and United's new hangar plus like others have said its not enough time to leave the secured area and return. Its a shame you don't have more time, there is a shuttle bus that can drive you to the National Air & Space Museum: Udvar Hazy Center, which is about 3 miles south of Dulles and it has an observation tower where you can see Dulles Airport, Blue Ridge mountains, etc.

Last edited by am1108; Jan 20, 14 at 11:29 pm
Old Jan 26, 14, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks. I wont leave the Airport in Dulles.

Search this Thread