Dirty cars

Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Dirty cars

Have rented twice in as many weeks--MCI and BNA...cars interior windows were filmy and filthy as were the interiors....cars had 39k+ miles on them and were really beat down....is this becoming the norm for dollar?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:59 am

Since Hertz recently bought Dollar, and such cars have been the norm with Hertz for a long time now, yes.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Actually, depending on the location it has kind of been hit or miss when the car is dirty.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don’t think that any car rental agency ever cleans the insides of their windshields, at least not Alamo, Enterprise, Dollar or Hertz, all of who I have rented from in the past.

All they do is give the car a quick vacuum and run it through the car wash, they don’t even use blowers to dry the car so the windshield and the outside rear view mirrors often has spots on it. On driving the car out of the lot I usually use the windshield washers to clean off the spots left from the car wash.

Sometimes I find the inside windshield so dirty, especially when driving at night that at the hotel I grab a hand towel and go out and wipe down the inside of the windshield and also the rear view mirrors.

Mr. Elliott
Old May 8, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
I don’t think that any car rental agency ever cleans the insides of their windshields, at least not Alamo, Enterprise, Dollar or Hertz, all of who I have rented from in the past.

All they do is give the car a quick vacuum and run it through the car wash, they don’t even use blowers to dry the car so the windshield and the outside rear view mirrors often has spots on it. On driving the car out of the lot I usually use the windshield washers to clean off the spots left from the car wash.

Sometimes I find the inside windshield so dirty, especially when driving at night that at the hotel I grab a hand towel and go out and wipe down the inside of the windshield and also the rear view mirrors.

Mr. Elliott

I agree with you on having to clean the insides of the windshield. Its ridiculous and a safety hazard besides being annoyed. I am surprised none of the companies have figured out its a liability.

I am not shy at all about having them re-clean the car and dry it for me if they looked to do a lazy job. Hertz at PIT seemed to be a bad offender.

I think enterprise has by far the worst cars, although to be fair i rarely rent from dollar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.