Why does Dollar ding you on rentals with WN ff points

Old Apr 22, 13, 4:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Why does Dollar ding you on rentals with WN ff points

Dollar charges much more for Southwest points on rentals (I believe credits to UA, AA, etc. are something like .26 while they charge $2 a day for WN credits), why do they also need to compound the screwing of Southwest point renters if you rent more than 1 day?

You only get 600 credits per rental - the same if you rent 1 day or 30 days...for your 600 points on a one-day rental you pay $2...for 30 days you'd still get a total of 600 points but get charged $60....

Anyone have any luck in getting them to refund the FF fee charged over $2 for a rental?
Old Apr 24, 13, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ View Post
Dollar charges much more for Southwest points on rentals (I believe credits to UA, AA, etc. are something like .26 while they charge $2 a day for WN credits), why do they also need to compound the screwing of Southwest point renters if you rent more than 1 day?

You only get 600 credits per rental - the same if you rent 1 day or 30 days...for your 600 points on a one-day rental you pay $2...for 30 days you'd still get a total of 600 points but get charged $60....

Anyone have any luck in getting them to refund the FF fee charged over $2 for a rental?
The FF Fee is not only for WN credit, it applies to all of the domestic FF programs while the international ff partners don't seem to charge a fee but you have some restrictions (i.e. No Prepaid, discounted, complimentary rentals apply)

Source: Dollar.com
AS - $0.95/day
AA -$0.06/day
HA- $0.95/day
WN-$1.50/day $8.00/Max (Cap)
UA - $0.75/day
US - $0.95/day

Either way there is an $8.00 cap for WN FF credit, so if they did charge you more then $8 on your monthly rental then you should start calling.

Search this Thread