Best time to reserve-a month before or a week before?

Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Some things I have learned ...

Book your car for an afternoon pickup and return. Mornings, noon time and late evening pickups and returns will give a higher rental rate.

Set your return a bit earlier then your pickup time example: pickup at 3pm return at 2pm. Seems to give a better rate.

Once you book your car, check back a few hours or a day later and see how the price may have changed. I did this several times and so far I have saved nearly $200 for a 2 week booking.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
The price has dropped once again. In the 8 hours since my last modification of my reservation, the price has dropped by $20 for a one week rental.

Is this normal?

I am not complaining. Really! Right now I am getting a rate of just under $15 per day!

You KNOW I'll be checking again and again. Can I get it down to $10 per day????

This is weird but fun.
Its normal You can modify the res but sometimes you can get a better rate by making a new booking... although that experience has been at Hertz.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
The drops in prices have stopped and now are back to the original price I started at a week ago. Right now I have a price of $12 per day which I am pretty happy with.

It was fun while it lasted and I learned a lot. ^
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:38 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
The price has dropped once again. In the 8 hours since my last modification of my reservation, the price has dropped by $20 for a one week rental.

Is this normal?
Yes, it is absolutely normal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.