Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KOA car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

KOA car rental

Dollar at KOA is giving me a "Sebring or similar" sedan; but how do I find out what the "other" might (very well) be (can't find anything but "similar" on their website)?
Is this the right place to ask? Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
Dollar at KOA is giving me a "Sebring or similar" sedan; but how do I find out what the "other" might (very well) be (can't find anything but "similar" on their website)?
Is this the right place to ask? Thanks!
This is the best place to ask given the wealth of knowledge and experience that everyone has here....

To answer your question, you cant really find out specifically what cars the location has. You can call them to ask, although im not sure what kind of answer they will give. At Dollars and Thriftys the "Sebring/Similar" that I have seen are Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring which the latter two are the newer introductions to the fleet that I have seen. The problem is that every location/area is different so you cannot really know what vehicles are available ahead of time... i.e. In Florida you will see a big variety of vehicles, especially with higher trims that you would not find at any other different locations. In the Pacific Northwest the fleet seems to have a mix of Toyotas in it while in D.C. (area) I've seen mostly Chrysler, Dodge, Fords in their fleet and in Florida you are adding some Kias and even a larger selection of Dodge like the Challenger. I've never been to KOA so im not sure
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
The Sebring hasn't been in production for a couple of model years--sounds like they need to update the website. It was replaced by the Chrysler 200 (very similar, slightly updated design and interior).

"Or similar" would most likely be the Dodge Avenger or Ford Focus (more likely) or Toyota Corolla (less likely). I don't think the Kias have made it to Hawaii yet.

Originally Posted by am1108
In the Pacific Northwest the fleet seems to have a mix of Toyotas
Note that Dollar in SEA and PDX is franchised (same owner for both cities), so you'll see a different mix of cars there than at corporate locations (all of the Hawaii locations are corporate). Thrifty in SEA and PDX is corporate. Other notable airports to be aware are franchises:

BOS, BOI, ABQ, MSY: Dollar franchised, Thrifty corporate
SLC: Dollar and Thrifty separately franchised
All locations in South Carolina: Dollar and Thrifty franchised (same owner for both brands across the state)
IND: Dollar and Thrifty franchised (same owner for both brands; owner also operates several other locations in smaller cities across the eastern Midwest and the South--I believe he operates both BNA and MOB as well as a couple of others)
BUF, OKC, ANC, AUS/GRK, : Dollar and Thrifty franchised (same owner for both brands)
OMA, LIT: Dollar and Thrifty franchised (unsure if both brands are under the same ownership)

Pretty much all airports larger than these are corporate while all airports smaller than these are franchised. You can tell by looking up the location on Dollar.com or Thrifty.com. If the published phone number for the location is 866-434-2226 (for Dollar) or 877-283-0898 (for Thrifty), it's a corporate store (those numbers redirect to the central call center--they don't publish local contact info for corporate stores).

Last edited by jackal; Jun 15, 2012 at 10:46 am
Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.