Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tax on fuel??

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Tax on fuel??

I'm on a contract that requires me to pre-pay a full tank.
When I looked at my contract, I see that on top of the fuel rate there is a ~20% tax. The fuel rate is an average on the high side of the going fuel rate nearby, but when I go to the pump, I pay per gallon only. If they Dollar sells me the same gas, I can imagine a tax on the *service* but not on the fuel itself.

Is this right??
Old May 8, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by ftfan
When I looked at my contract, I see that on top of the fuel rate there is a ~20% tax. The fuel rate is an average on the high side of the going fuel rate nearby, but when I go to the pump, I pay per gallon only. If they Dollar sells me the same gas, I can imagine a tax on the *service* but not on the fuel itself.

Is this right??
As I have reported more than once this is what makes the fuel option really suck; at some airports the taxes and fees can run 26%. Thank the local governments who gouge tourists to pay for many things. I forget what city hides a stadium tax in the airport taxes.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ftfan

Is this right??
Yeah, every thing that the Rental Car companies charge you for is taxed and fees are applied. Most likely there is an airport/ concession fee which pays for the facility. But im sure your contract was cheaper than if you booked it yourself or just walked in to rent a car (with the same options)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.