FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting-422/)
-   -   Do they have Crown Victorias at Dollar and Hertz at LAX? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting/1342135-do-they-have-crown-victorias-dollar-hertz-lax.html)

jason87 May 2, 2012 2:23 pm

Do they have Crown Victorias at Dollar and Hertz at LAX?

as dollar website says crown vic under premium but says or similiar, and i want a crown vic in particular, doesnt anyone know if they stock many crown vics at dollar or hertz at lax airport?

marvanit May 3, 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jason87 (Post 18501692)
as dollar website says crown vic under premium but says or similiar, and i want a crown vic in particular, doesnt anyone know if they stock many crown vics at dollar or hertz at lax airport?

You want a crown vic over other premium cars in the fleet? You may be the first person I have seen that prefers this car.

But yes, Hertz carries them in their fleet.

jason87 May 3, 2012 11:28 am

yh lol, always seeing them in films and always wanted to drive one lol, but not sure if they stock them at lax? i was going to reserve a toyota corolla (cant remember what class that is) and then see if they have any vics once i get there to upgrade to, as premium says crown vic or similiar and i dont wanna pay the extra and then when i arrive they dont have any.

marvanit May 3, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jason87 (Post 18507808)
yh lol, always seeing them in films and always wanted to drive one lol, but not sure if they stock them at lax? i was going to reserve a toyota corolla (cant remember what class that is) and then see if they have any vics once i get there to upgrade to, as premium says crown vic or similiar and i dont wanna pay the extra and then when i arrive they dont have any.

Fair enough. I see a few of them here and there. Cant remember LAX specifically. More likely see maxima's, avalon's and g37's. We all have different tastes. If you get one, you will have to report back your experience.

bmw745ion19s May 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by jason87 (Post 18501692)

not sure when your travel dates are as this is a few weeks old but Hertz def does have them. Budget has a TON of them, at least in the southeast and if you use the code I posted there, great rates too.

jackal May 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by marvanit (Post 18506665)
You want a crown vic over other premium cars in the fleet? You may be the first person I have seen that prefers this car.

LOL. I'm not sure I'd willingly choose one, but I did get one from Hertz at JFK a couple of months ago. I found it surprisingly nice to drive (smooth ride, tons of power) and easy to handle (belying its heavy weight and huge size).

Of course, part of the fun was driving around NYC and pretending I was a cabbie. That V8 engine roar is a very familiar sound, and it was fun to have *my* foot be controlling the rumbling (as well as my hands on the wheel weaving in and out of Manhattan traffic). :D