ORD Rental Car Shuttle Strangeness

Old Nov 22, 11, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Rogue Nation
ORD Rental Car Shuttle Strangeness

Last winter I was running late on an inbound ORD flight. Dollar shuttle shows up after something like half a dozen Hertz shuttles go by. Bus is empty. Driver makes small talk. Asks me if I would mind if he goes and picks up his dinner before dropping me off. I was a little foggy and asked him again what he said. Said he needs to pick up his dinner because if he waits till he gets back to Dollar, he will have to rush around too much to pick it up. I said nicely "hell know" and he got pissed. ... was this guy thinking? Needless to say I've never rented from Dollar in ORD again (its the worst of the worst there anyhow).
Old Nov 22, 11, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Okay.
Old Nov 23, 11, 9:37 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the dedicated forum on Dollar. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 25, 11, 1:23 am
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Very odd. Might be one thing if it were a long drive and there was a McDonald's or Taco Bell directly en-route (I've been on buses in those situations where the driver makes a brief pit-stop at a convenience store), but it's not a long drive and the food options are a ways away.

Did you speak to a manager or write in about your experience? That's the only way they'll know that corrective action may need to be taken.
Old Nov 30, 11, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hey nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? If I'd had time and the driver had asked I would have said "sure, but you have to buy me something too!". I don't think I'd go so far as to report it, all he did was ask, not actually pull up to McDonalds without asking.
Old May 8, 12, 5:13 pm

ooops
Old May 8, 12, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by BBDartCA View Post
Dollar shuttle shows up after something like half a dozen Hertz shuttles go by.
Same stuff on Monday in the pouring rain. A friend of mine waited 45 minutes at 6PM for the shuttle. I gave up after 45 minutes at 2AM (and six AVIS buses, 4 Hertz and National, 5 ACE....) and paid someone to take me there.

Search this Thread