FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting-422/)
-   -   News about Dollar Express! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting/1160386-news-about-dollar-express.html)

nordictat2 Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm

News about Dollar Express!

I just became a Dollar Express member and called them to add this information to my 2 bookings...well come to find out they "No longer" accept this with prepaid vouchers!! :mad:
I became a member because I wanted to avoid having to wait in the lines etc.

This really annoys me!!! I hear/read often from people coming from overseas using Dollar express (very recently too) so how can this be???? :(

jackal Dec 19, 2010 1:03 am

Originally Posted by nordictat2 (Post 15456378)
I just became a Dollar Express member and called them to add this information to my 2 bookings...well come to find out they "No longer" accept this with prepaid vouchers!! :mad:
I became a member because I wanted to avoid having to wait in the lines etc.

This really annoys me!!! I hear/read often from people coming from overseas using Dollar express (very recently too) so how can this be???? :(

Can you provide more detail?

Are you referring to the use of the prepaid tour vouchers obtained from dollar.co.uk or other prepaid sites?

If so, then I completely understand why they are imposing this restriction. When you book a Dollar Express reservation, the renting location actually opens and preprints your contract an hour or two before you arrive. They can't open your contract without the form of payment, and you're bringing the form of payment with you when you pick up the car--the voucher.

There are also some IT challenges--the international prepaid tour voucher system operates on a completely different computer system that doesn't integrate well with the standard Dollar reservation and rental systems.

You can probably use Dollar Express if you do not book with the prepaid, all-inclusive tour vouchers.

nikconnor Jan 29, 2011 8:51 am

My last rental at MCO, there was a huge line. The manager came along the line to see if there where any Express members in line. He told me to go direct to the parking lot, they accepted the prepaid voucher (not Dollar direct) in the parking lot.

In the car and away in 15mins and no line;););)

lhrsfo Sep 5, 2013 12:25 pm

Is there any more information about this? I have a Dollar reservation coming up, booked through an agent and with a Car Rental e-Voucher as payment to Dollar. I would like to join Dollar Express so as to avoid the lines at SFO. I have read the Ts and Cs of Dollar Express and it's vague on the matter. Often it simply refers to any rental made but on one occasion only it talks about a Dollar Express reservation, but does not define it. The FAQs are silent on this, and indeed most questions.

Is it worth joining or am I wasting my time and looking forward to an hour or two in line after an 11 hour flight?

nivsy Sep 24, 2013 6:02 am

Join them and stand in their prescious members lane or whatever even with a travel voucher. Its time car hire companies did not rule the roost the way they do....that is what I am going to do at SFO. If the lanes are too long ask for an explanation and a complaint form. Also if they spent less time acting as sales agents and actually more as car keys delivery clerks there would be no need for any q's!

Harsh..no I dont think so!

langham123 Sep 8, 2014 2:10 pm

Just to bump this thread up and update it; we're Dollar Express members and whenever we reserve on their website, we are unable to input our number.

We were advised to circumvent the queue and go straight to the car park booth. Our name isn't on the board but after showing our number, we have usually managed to choose and take a car. As Jackal says Dollar don't appear to have a system capable of accepting DE bookings from international customers on their website or by voucher, tho' why they accept international DE members isn't clear. We have tried paying online direct, but it still doesn't accept our number. The only office that does is MCO presumably because of all the European visitors and property owners.