Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Now you can earn Renter Rewards credits when you rent with Dollar

Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

Dollar EXPRESS Renter Rewards
The Rewards Program that earns you FREE days at Dollar!

Being a Dollar EXPRESS member brings a great return. Now you can earn Renter Rewards credits when you rent with Dollar.

Dollar EXPRESS Renter Rewards is an optional rewards program that gives you a free rental day at Dollar rather than airline frequent flyer miles.

1. Join by changing your Dollar EXPRESS profile or selecting Renter Rewards on your Dollar EXPRESS enrollment form as your preferred loyalty partner. Click Here to update your profile.
2. Rent from Dollar! We automatically keep track of your days.
3. When you've rented 16 days, we'll send you a Renter Rewards Certificate for a FREE day!
4. Redeem your FREE day on any size car, from compact to full-size, including minivans.

Industry discount rates, tour rates, complimentary and certificate rentals do not qualify for Renter Rewards credits.
Frequently Asked Questions about Renter Rewards >
How do I earn Rewards? How do I view my reward balance? These questions and more are answered in Renter Rewards FAQs.

Terms & Conditions of the Renter Rewards Program >
Get the details of the Dollar EXPRESS Renter Rewards program, including eligibility and restrictions.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Good news, but Renter Rewards has been around awhile (a few years, at least). I'm not aware of anything new.

It's good to remind folks every now and then, though!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've been a member since January, 2009. It certainly has made for far easier rental experiences and I reccomend it to anyone who rents from Dollar.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've been a member since January, 2009. It certainly has made for far easier rental experiences and I reccomend it to anyone who rents from Dollar.
Especially since it's free!

Though to be clear, there are two different but related things going on here:

1) Dollar Express, which is a free membership program that provides express service, and
2) Dollar Express Renter Rewards, which is an optional loyalty program to accompany Dollar Express.

You can choose airline miles in lieu of Renter Rewards when signing up for Dollar Express. (If you don't input a frequent flyer account number when signing up for Dollar Express, it defaults to Renter Rewards.)

Renter Rewards is virtually identical to Thrifty's Blue Chip program (with one exception: Blue Chip provides a satisfaction guarantee, wherein they will give you one day free if you are not satisfied for any reason, so all other things being equal, I will choose Blue Chip over Dollar Express). I provide an analysis of the potential return on Blue Chip credits (which are the same thing as Renter Rewards credits) versus airline miles in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrif...ts-thread.html (search for "FlyerTalk Geek Alert").
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:51 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
The other difference with Dollar Renter Rewards vs Frequent Flyer Miles is that there is no additional fee for the Renter Rewards but there is, if you choose to get FF miles.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG PC, Marriott, SWA A-List Preferred with Companion Pass
I use Dollar Express and the Renter Rewards program. You get one free day car rental for every 16 days that you rent. They mail you a physical certificate that you have to bring with you to the rental car kiosk when you pickup the keys.
The certificates have a one-year expiration date on them. I usually save them up and use them for vacation rentals (after earning them on work rentals).
I recently had one free day certificate expire. I called them and renewed it. They e-mailed me a 6-month extension letter that I have printed out & stapled to the original certificate. very nice customer service! I will enjoy the rental next month in Florida!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.