Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar moving away from Chrysler models?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dollar moving away from Chrysler models?

I've been using Dollar for a year now. When I started making my reservations, all the car examples were Chrysler models. Recently, I've noticed a shift away from this.

E.G. "Mid-Size" used to show "Chrysler Sebring or Similar" but now it shows "Ford Fusion or similar".
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Would be even better if they begin to offer Japanese vehicles.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Yes, as noted in this Thrifty thread a few months ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrif...purchases.html
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thought I'd throw in a little update.

1/14 LAS at 9:45 AM. Reservation quoted "Ford Fusion or similar". Selections in the mid-size aisle were:
- Kia Forte
- Dodge Avenger
- Chyrsler PT Cruiser
- Chyrsler Sebring

I took the Forte, first time I've seen a Kia at a Dollar. Shame that 75% of the options were still MOPAR.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Rented in Southern California last weekend and waited a few minutes to not have to take a PT Cruiser. Counter guy said they get a lot of that. Really a lot of that. He is looking forward to them going away so people don't bite his head off when that is all he can offer. Rumor is Thrifty wanted absolute upper limits on how few of the ugly things they had to accept, but Chrysler tried to impose a much higher number, and suddenly Ford had a new fleet customer.

I just rebooked Hawaii a few minutes ago because Mrs. Jayer changed the dates on me and my good Avis price was no longer available. At first I was relieved to see a good price still available at Thrifty and Dollar. Now I'm getting really depressed at the thought of a really sucking Island ride. I guess I've lived through a week of PTC before, and I don't really know anyone there anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.